+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 year work permit but passport expire before 2year

sainiajeet123

Dec 18, 2009
Dear all
I have applied for canada work permit with family, but my son passport is going to expire in 20 months.
Now my question is that i am going there for 2 year to get the international experience but my son passport is not valid for 2 year it will be expire before 4 month
Now if i apply for new passport for my son after getting his visa at the time of applying passport officer put tha cancelled stamp on passport front and last page, they dont put stamp on visa.

So if we board the flight will it create any problem means the immigration officer at canada airport can stop my son because his previous passport stamped as cancelled but he will carry both new and old passport

I will apply for his new passport because at any case i have to come back in my country after completing my two year job contract period because i have to start my career here again because at that time i will have international experience too which help in my profession

Please help

ItsTrue

Jan 16, 2020
TRV stamp will be valid until the passport expiry date (i.e 20 months in your case). Permit will be for 2 years.
Renew the passport, re-apply for new TRV like 3 months before the expiry, that TRV will be valid for the remaining period of your permit.
TRV' are never given beyond the expiry date of your passport (regardless of the work permit validity)

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Provided that your son brings his cancelled passport with the Canadian visa in it, his new passport, and the Canadian visa has not expired when you try to get on the plane, it will be okay.

sainiajeet123

Dec 18, 2009
Thanks bro
One more think my file is in process and just want to know that as my son passport is not valid for two year , can immigration officer reject my son file as may be he or she can think that hoe can my son return to india as his passport will be valid for 20 month not for 2 year
Or they can understand that i obviously will apply for his new passport