+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 year Program Physiotherapists or PTA HELP

totallymommy

Mar 9, 2015
Help guys, my husband is a PT Graduate here in the Philippines and we are searching for a college around Toronto Ontario area that offers a 2 year Physiotherapy or PTA program.

Centennial - doesnt offer PTA for international students
Anderson College - 1.5 year for PTA program
Georgebrown - waiting for reply
Conestoga - They have 2 year PTA program - inquired and waiting for reply.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :) thank you.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, it has been awhile since you posted so a lot may have happened since then. I wish I had seen this post sooner. If your husband wants to work as a PTA, he does not need a PTA certificate to find a job as a PTA. A few employers look for the certificate but it is not a requirement.

MYBAI

Jan 10, 2016
hi trinatocanada, i have evaluated my pt degree recently at WES Ontario and the result was PT assistant equivalent only.Does it mean that I can apply as PTA? am i qualified for fsw? im so sorry i have a lot of questions. Fyi....im working as massage therapist. i dont have work exp as PT.
Your response is much appreciated. Thanx.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MYBAI said:
hi trinatocanada, i have evaluated my pt degree recently at WES Ontario and the result was PT assistant equivalent only.Does it mean that I can apply as PTA? am i qualified for fsw? im so sorry i have a lot of questions. Fyi....im working as massage therapist. i dont have work exp as PT.
Your response is much appreciated. Thanx.
Unfortunately, to apply through FSW you will need work experience in the occupation you are applying with. I assume you are not yet in Canada? If I am mistaken and you are already here, you can apply for PTA jobs right away citing yourself as a foreign trained physiotherapist. All I know is that before I got my license as a physio, my first job in Canada was as a PTA and they never asked me for proof that I had taken a PTA course. Hope this helps.