+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 year program in Canada + Bachelor degree from overseas - Help!!

TrackIT

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
I have same question bro . When I am calculating my score I am choosing :

Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.

Very confused whether it is right or wrong as I have done ECA for my Bachelors degree which I completed back home and It was 4 years also I have Canadian post graduate diploma which was 2 years.

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
CELPIP-spouse-sept 23- same day submitted
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
if you have done a bachelors degree then if you did a ECA or about to do .. then just select bachelors degree..

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
kakhileshreddy said:
if you have done a bachelors degree then if you did a ECA or about to do .. then just select bachelors degree..
But then my Canadian diploma is not taken into consideration and I am loosing a lot of points. So our Canadian education is of no use at all??? I don't understand.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Phil89 said:
But then my Canadian diploma is not taken into consideration and I am loosing a lot of points. So our Canadian education is of no use at all??? I don't understand.
No ECA is required for Canadian qualifications. If you did the Canadian program after the first degree then you don't need ECA. For a diploma + degree you would select

"Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

and get 119 points with spouse of 128 points without spouse.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
YamPower said:
No ECA is required for Canadian qualifications. If you did the Canadian program after the first degree then you don't need ECA. For a diploma + degree you would select

"Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

and get 119 points with spouse of 128 points without spouse.
I know its not required. But the question is worded the way that its prompting you to choose the only bachelor degree option when you fill it out. And if I do, then I don't get points for my Canadian degree..

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
But when you're filling out the EE application, you can add other qualifications under the Level of Education section. It can be 1 year, 2 years etc.

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
CELPIP-spouse-sept 23- same day submitted
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
Phil89 said:
if you did your ECA for bachelors degree you get
Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer 119 128

even if you select bachelors and add cad diploma you will get only
Two-year post-secondary program credential 91 98

my personal exp as i also did my PG-diploma 2yrs here in TO and i have done my bachelors in india. if i select no ECA then i got only 91 . after i apply for ECA and now i will get either 112/119 as i am married..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
kakhileshreddy said:
if you did your ECA for bachelors degree you get
Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer 119 128

even if you select bachelors and add cad diploma you will get only
Two-year post-secondary program credential 91 98

my personal exp as i also did my PG-diploma 2yrs here in TO and i have done my bachelors in india. if i select no ECA then i got only 91 . after i apply for ECA and now i will get either 112/119 as i am married..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Even after you are done with ECA report and enter it in your profile, it will not give you points for your Canadian diploma. that's the problem...

TrackIT

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
Phil89 said:
Even after you are done with ECA report and enter it in your profile, it will not give you points for your Canadian diploma. that's the problem...
Phil89 bro,

I have same issue, So I will be choosing: below option

- Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer 119 128

Problem is Im not 100% sure if this is right because the way question is asked is very confusing !
anyway I have my lawyer consultation due in couple of weeks, will clarify it straight and will update u all.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
TrackIT said:
Phil89 bro,

I have same issue, So I will be choosing: below option

- Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer 119 128

Problem is Im not 100% sure if this is right because the way question is asked is very confusing !
anyway I have my lawyer consultation due in couple of weeks, will clarify it straight and will update u all.
Thanks!

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a four-year Bachelor's degree from India; and a two-year Master's degree from Canada. I don't have any eca. I got 135 points for education.

As you can see after completing one round of the questionnaire, you have a Save / Add button which populates a particular row. This means the 'Level of Education' question is specific to each degree.

So for my Bacherlor's degree I chose 'Bachelor's degree or a three or more year program....' for the 'Level of Education' question. For my Master's degree I chose the 'Master's degree or professional degree...' question along with clicking 'yes' on 'Was XXX awarded a Canadian degree...?' question.

That 'Two or more ...' question is for people who do a joint Bachelor's and Master's program. This gives them two certificated at the end of their studies. For example, there are programs like MBA+MEng or BTech+MBA etc. But for individual programs you can't select the 'Two or more...' option.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
april2014_AINP said:
I have a four-year Bachelor's degree from India; and a two-year Master's degree from Canada. I don't have any eca. I got 135 points for education.

As you can see after completing one round of the questionnaire, you have a Save / Add button which populates a particular row. This means the 'Level of Education' question is specific to each degree.

So for my Bacherlor's degree I chose 'Bachelor's degree or a three or more year program....' for the 'Level of Education' question. For my Master's degree I chose the 'Master's degree or professional degree...' question along with clicking 'yes' on 'Was XXX awarded a Canadian degree...?' question.

That 'Two or more ...' question is for people who do a joint Bachelor's and Master's program. This gives them two certificated at the end of their studies. For example, there are programs like MBA+MEng or BTech+MBA etc. But for individual programs you can't select the 'Two or more...' option.
Where did you get this info?? If you have Master's degree, you only get points for the master's one.

TrackIT

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
april2014_AINP said:

sorry bro,
I dont understand this part at all : "there are programs like MBA+MEng or BTech+MBA etc. But for individual programs you can't select the 'Two or more...' option."
Can you Explain a Degree in Engineering(4 years) from India + Post grad diploma(2 years) from Canada = ? or the "Two or More" why is this not applicable to B.Tech+PG Diploma ?

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
TrackIT said:
sorry bro,
I dont understand this part at all : "there are programs like MBA+MEng or BTech+MBA etc. But for individual programs you can't select the 'Two or more...' option."
Can you Explain a Degree in Engineering(4 years) from India + Post grad diploma(2 years) from Canada = ? or the "Two or More" why is this not applicable to B.Tech+PG Diploma ?
Ya doesn't make sense to me at all