CEC
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2017
LANDED..........
17-11-2017
Hi,

I just want to confirm if one of my friend can apply for the Canadian immigration. He has done 2 years bachelor and 2 years masters making total education years as 16. He also has more than 3 years of work experience.

Also, to get the equivalence, would he need to get for both degrees or just the 2 years master degree?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

abdul.moqeet

Mar 28, 2018
Hi,
I have the same query. I have a 2 year Bachelors in Arts (BA) degree and a 2 year MBA degree.

How is WES expected to evaluate my credentials?

Thanks.

מר אף אחד

Jan 5, 2018
Hi,

I just want to confirm if one of my friend can apply for the Canadian immigration. He has done 2 years bachelor and 2 years masters making total education years as 16. He also has more than 3 years of work experience.

Also, to get the equivalence, would he need to get for both degrees or just the 2 years master degree?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
what was the result of your ECA?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi,
I have the same query. I have a 2 year Bachelors in Arts (BA) degree and a 2 year MBA degree.

How is WES expected to evaluate my credentials?

Thanks.
You only need to get your highest degree evaluated. If your MBA is evaluated as equivalent to a Master's, you will get 126/135 points.

If your MBA is evaluated as a Diploma for some reason, then you should get your Bachelor's degree evaluated as well to get points for two or more degrees.

You can usually tell whether your MBA will be evaluated as a Master's. Just google "School Name MBA ECA" and you'll get to know.

מר אף אחד

Jan 5, 2018
You only need to get your highest degree evaluated. If your MBA is evaluated as equivalent to a Master's, you will get 126/135 points.

If your MBA is evaluated as a Diploma for some reason, then you should get your Bachelor's degree evaluated as well to get points for two or more degrees.

You can usually tell whether your MBA will be evaluated as a Master's. Just google "School Name MBA ECA" and you'll get to know.
Hey Goose
What would a BA (2 years) and MSc (Mass comm 2 years) be evaluated as?, does WES evaluated all certificates or just the highest please?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hey Goose
What would a BA (2 years) and MSc (Mass comm 2 years) be evaluated as?, does WES evaluated all certificates or just the highest please?
WES will evaluate whatever you send them.

The evaluation depends on a lot of factors and I can't say what your degrees will be evaluated as. In general if you have a Master's from a large, well-reputed, internationally known University in your home country, you can expect that it will be equated to a Canadian Master's. If your degree is from a more obscure institution, then it depends.

You can use this tool to get an idea of what your degrees will be evaluated as. https://www.wes.org/wes-tools/