+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 weeks for BVL but no final decision

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Why biometrics' status is not updated after BVL?

ragzee

Nov 4, 2020
Hi everyone. What is BVL ? Biometric Verification Letter ?
I got a correspondence letter in my account
"RE: validity of your biometric information Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify you that your biometric information is valid until (yyyy/mm/dd) for subsequent temporary resident applications to Canada."

What is the importance of the BVL ? Does this mean my application will get approved ?

Chubby boy

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
"RE: validity of your biometric information Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify you that your biometric information is valid until (yyyy/mm/dd) for subsequent temporary resident applications to Canada."

What is the importance of the BVL ? Does this mean my application will get approved ?
Did you get ppr after bvl and what your timeline and online account status

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020

Please share your timeline? when you got this.

It does not mean the application will be approved, it's just an indication that the final decision will soon follow.

It means now you will receive the final decision (approval/Rejection). usual trend if you see you get BVL and then PPR (if approved) on same day or in a weeks time but as you see in this portal this year there are lot of applicants still waiting for weeks even after getting BVL.

ragzee

Nov 4, 2020
@Chubby boy @skd46443 I applied on 30th September, Biometrics on 9th November. No AIP. March 2021 intake. They asked for some extra docs on 19th which i submitted on 20th. Got the BVL today, 30 mins ago.

Any thoughts ?

Mdurra

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Paper application - January 3rd
AIP - September 10th
BVL - November 5th

complete silence after this.