+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 Questions about FBI police certificate

Hk1991

Apr 21, 2018
Hey all, I have some questions about the FBI police report which I obtained using the new system (1 week instead of 14-16 weeks). So my questions are:

(1) I initially asked someone in California to receive the report on my behalf and then forward it to me but the report now writes his address on the report. Thus, is it OK if the address on the letter doesn't match my current address in Hong Kong or must I write a note to IRCC (via their web form) to explain why?

(2) Under the new system, one can download the report online in their FBI accounts. In this case, can you just download the report and upload to your Express Entry account or must you still scan the physical copy to upload?

Thanks in advance.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hey all, I have some questions about the FBI police report which I obtained using the new system (1 week instead of 14-16 weeks). So my questions are:

(1) I initially asked someone in California to receive the report on my behalf and then forward it to me but the report now writes his address on the report. Thus, is it OK if the address on the letter doesn't match my current address in Hong Kong or must I write a note to IRCC (via their web form) to explain why?
No issues

(2) Under the new system, one can download the report online in their FBI accounts. In this case, can you just download the report and upload to your Express Entry account or must you still scan the physical copy to upload?
Yes, you can use the downloaded report.
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Hk1991