+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 Pieces of Identification !!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can submit the license photocopy as it is. they only want check your name, date of birth and picture.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chakrab said:
where did you get the idea that getting new license within 3 months is a red flag? that's not true for everyone. i don't think you have anything to worry about. do realize that if the expiry date is less than 5 years, they realize that you have moved or got a new license.
What you said makes a lot of sense to me but here is what I read in another forum.(Check C1)
Hi,

Got my hands on a copy of someone else's request. And it had a number of documents with RQ triage criteria interpretations.

(numbers in brackets - page references)
◦A2: FOSS concerns - no RQ if FOSS/GCMS criminality noted (5,7)
◦A3: previous applications not approved/withdrawn/etc. - no RQ if refusal/withdrawal due to language, knowledge or both (10)
◦A4: discrepancies in absences - you get a pass if discrepancies are 3 occasions or less and/or less than 5 days (29)
◦A5:
◦Homemakers, retirees, students are not considered unemployed (4,9, 18). You better write "homemaker" in the app if you are a homemaker (14).
◦Explanation of consultant/self-employed with travel situation (5,8-9) - they went with a "strict" scenario - any period of unemployment within 4 years + any travel, even if it does not coincide with unemployment
◦A6: absences to sell property/take care of ill family member - you get a pass if it is within 6 mo from landing, or 2 or fewer such absences in total (29)
◦C1: Renewed IDs in 3 months (3,5,9) - likely not applicable anymore, confirmation that it was updated, but no update text (29)
◦C2: Inconsistency between addresses interpretation - if address on ID does not matches current address per app, but matches one of the previous ones in the same app (i.e. you have not updated your ID after move) - no RQ, but you may be questioned (16)
◦General: You are expected to provide documents outside of 4 year range in RQ where requested - dating back to your arrival as CJs use this to assess ties (23)
Download the document here: (CIC_RQ_Triage_Interpretations_2012)
https://rapidshare.com/share/8FEF74902E21E7BA15D063024F38F31E

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
in your case C1 and C2 contradicts themselves. So just send the photocopy of your current license. also neither C1 or C2 says you will get RQ for them.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Will it be an issue if I need to change address on DL after living in new address for a year or so?
What would be the issuance date on new one? the day you request address change or the date they process it?
can i keep the old one as well?
thx

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
Will it be an issue if I need to change address on DL after living in new address for a year or so?
What would be the issuance date on new one? the day you request address change or the date they process it?
can i keep the old one as well?
thx
why are you so worried about the address on the license? the identification has nothing to do with the address. the date is the date when it was issued. keeping old license is fine but using it is illegal.

EastVan

Apr 12, 2014
I don't have driver license and I am concern that I might need 3rd Photo ID beside PR card and passport if I can't re-use Passport for #5
Can I check with you about what you submit

for #1 Confirmation of Permanent Residence and Permanent Resident Card

#3 Biographical page of passport (That's a Piece of ID in itself)
#5 Health card
Biographical page of passport

2 copies of Biographical page of passport? One for #3 and one for #5

NO Driver license, How did it go ?

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EastVan said:
I don't have driver license and I am concern that I might need 3rd Photo ID beside PR card and passport if I can't re-use Passport for #5
Can I check with you about what you submit

for #1 Confirmation of Permanent Residence and Permanent Resident Card

#3 Biographical page of passport (That's a Piece of ID in itself)
#5 Health card
Biographical page of passport

2 copies of Biographical page of passport? One for #3 and one for #5

NO Driver license, How did it go ?
I got your personal message. I still didn't apply, just renewed my DL and will apply beginning July after 3 months of issuance. In your case if you don't have a DL at all you should be fine . I don't know when you're planning to apply but if you can wait 3 months maybe you can have a Government ID. In Ontario it's possible to have a Government ID for those who don't want to get a DL, I guess it should be the same in your province. Again Not having a DL at all is not an issue, but when you have one issued less then 3 months ago, that's a risk factor. Also make sure the address associated with your health card is the one you live in when you apply.

kazemsd

Sep 9, 2011
for ID, 3 examples are given on CIC website and I personally think you can use any two:
1- a Canadian driver’s licence
2- a Canadian health insurance card
3- a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document, etc.

That is what I am going to do.
Regarding C1 triger, this is from emails made public through ATIP:
"C1, however, under 407B interpretations, RQ no longer required"

See below links:
http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/rq-triage-2013/

Even though C1 is revised, I am not going to risk it