+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 Pieces of Identification !!

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is taken from CIC website. My question comes after.
1. Immigration documents

Record of Landing (IMM 1000), or
Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) and
Permanent Resident Card (PRC) if you have one
3. Biographical page of Passport(s)/Travel Document(s)

Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents (valid and cancelled) for the relevant four (4) year period immediately preceding the date of your application,
Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s).
5. Two (2) pieces of personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your name and date of birth, one of which must have your photo on it.
Examples include:
a Canadian driver’s licence
a Canadian health insurance card
a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document, etc.

I have a question regarding the 2 pieces of identification.
I don’t wanna provide my driver license because I still have on it the address where I lived over a year ago, and as I learned from this forum this is a risk indicator and it may trigger a RQ. Now I’m planning to provide for
#1 Confirmation of Permanent Residence and
Permanent Resident Card
#2 Biographical page of passport (That’s a Piece of ID in itself)
#5 Health card
Biographical page of passport

Should I send 2 copies of Biographical page of pport? One for #2 and one for #5
Is it a problem if I don’t provide Driver license?
For # 5 I can add my Permanent resident card but it’s already included in # 1
I do have also, as a piece of ID, the Consulate Card from my consulate in Montreal with my name, photo and date of birth.
Anyone with the same experience please advice. Thank you

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there is nothing wrong in an Id. with your former home address. people change addresses all the time. If you are not comfortable then it only takes 2 weeks to receive your Id. (driverès license) with your new address and yes, you are suppose to update your address on your id.

parlvu

Mar 7, 2014
Having an old address on your drivers' license without an update casts a reasonable doubt whether you still live in Canada, as a reasonable person would update the address. Furthermore it needs to match with your address history

I suggest you update the address and if you can't wait, then photocopy the temporary license as well to show your address changed.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would suggest updating your drivers license because first of all, you are required to do it legally and secondly, there is no way for you to mark which documents is supporting which requirements. Shouldn't take too long to do it.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If some one does not have valid driving license then Bio-Pages of Passport + Health Card will meet the 2 ID requirement.

saywisdom

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Personally I provided them what you've mentioned and I already got my AOR, so it should be fine...
Goldline said:
#1 Confirmation of Permanent Residence and
Permanent Resident Card
#2 Biographical page of passport (That's a Piece of ID in itself)
#5 Health card
Biographical page of passport

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you everybody for your input. For those who advised to renew my Driver's License and send it with the application, here is what I read in another forum:
TRIAGE CRITERIA / RISK INDICATORS
- Applicant Characteristics:

- Documents
C1 - ID (provided in support of application) has been issued within 3 months of date of application.
C2 - Inconsistency between address on ID and address on application form.

For Rayman_m, if you send the bio page of the passport, they will take it as a doc for # 2, indeed they ask the bio page of passport AND 2 pieces of ID.
For Saywisdom, Please be more specific. Do you mean you sent 2 copies of the bio page of passport? one for #2 and one for #5 with health card?
thanks

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are not getting a new license number. Just updating it. For that matter, if you change housing during the process, then they expect you to send the updated license as well for proof. Don't worry about the time line regarding the license.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mind you, the officer may want to see your drivers license during interview. You can't deny to show at that time. So I advise to update the address and send it. It's less of a headache and you don't have to worry if you have provided enough documentation.

Onyex2012

Mar 12, 2013
I used my drivers license with old address of a year and half for my interview no problem...it has no effect as long as you are not hiding anything

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Onyex2012 said:
I used my drivers license with old address of a year and half for my interview no problem...it has no effect as long as you are not hiding anything
do u mean you sent with your application a D. License with an old address ? or you just showed it for interview.
if they asked u for it during interview that's because you originally sent a copy of it with your application. Right?

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A question for all of you guys. When you request to change the address on your Driver's licence do you get a new DL with the same date (issued XXXX/XX/XX Exp XXXX/XX/XX) on the old one or New date since the day you changed the address?

Onyex2012

Mar 12, 2013
The same date that was on my license when I sent my application, your new DL will have a new issue date but the same expiring date

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everybody,

Since applying with an ID that was issued less than 3 months ago is a red flag and my DL has my previous address where I lived over a year ago
1-Should I apply with it like that? by the way it's a G1 and I my take the next one any time soon.
2-Should I change the address then apply even if it's recent?
3-Should I change the address, wait till it's over 3 months old and then apply?(if I change it this week I would have to apply beginning of July)
4- should I change it and provide copy of both the old and the new one

Thank you all

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
Hi Everybody,

Since applying with an ID that was issued less than 3 months ago is a red flag and my DL has my previous address where I lived over a year ago
1-Should I apply with it like that? by the way it's a G1 and I my take the next one any time soon.
2-Should I change the address then apply even if it's recent?
3-Should I change the address, wait till it's over 3 months old and then apply?(if I change it this week I would have to apply beginning of July)
4- should I change it and provide copy of both the old and the new one

Thank you all
where did you get the idea that getting new license within 3 months is a red flag? that's not true for everyone. i don't think you have anything to worry about. do realize that if the expiry date is less than 5 years, they realize that you have moved or got a new license.