+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 or more degree points in CRS calculator for federal express entry program

abhi.2207

Sep 24, 2020
Hi, I am new to applying to Canada's PR.
I am a little confused on what 2 or more degree option means in CRS calculator.
Let me just brief about my case and someone with more experience can guide me.
1. I have a bachelors in engineering, from Delhi, India, IP university, 4 yrs, WES evaluated (June 2018).
2. I also have a MBA, IMT, India, 3 years degree program. WES report says as below:
Three years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.

1st question:
My first question is can i opt for 2 or more degrees (or diploma), at least 1 with more than 3 years while calculating my CRS score? which gives me additional points on education.
This is because as i understand(from different forums), WES don't recognize any MBA diploma/degree as equivalent to Canadian education as of Jan, 2018 onwards.
Similarly, my wife has a 2 years masters( MSc from Delhi university), if we make her primary, would she be able to get these additional point from above option?
2nd question:
Can i opt for any other ECA agency which recognize my MBA or my wife's Masters instead of WES? like ICAS or ICES? Or the results would be the same?
3rd question:
Let's say i go with ICAS for ECA evaluation. Since the Delhi university or IP university don't have a mechanism to send the transcripts directly to ICAS, WES, or ICES, do they accept sealed(unopened, University sealed/stamped) transcripts sent from me for evaluation?

4th question:
Anyone know of any agency who can help me fast track my application or get my transcripts from Delhi university. I have sealed transcripts from IP university.

Please help me clarify these doubts before i submit my ECA.
Thanks
Abhishek

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You can't claim points for any credential that isn't equivalent to a Canadian one. Now, if your wife's master's is evaluated as equivalent to a Canadian one, she would get points for a master's degree only (which is worth more than the two or more degrees option).

If you want to try another ECA agency, go ahead. Contact them to see what they'll accept.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi, I am new to applying to Canada's PR.
I am a little confused on what 2 or more degree option means in CRS calculator.
Let me just brief about my case and someone with more experience can guide me.
1. I have a bachelors in engineering, from Delhi, India, IP university, 4 yrs, WES evaluated (June 2018).
2. I also have a MBA, IMT, India, 3 years degree program. WES report says as below:
Three years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.

1st question:
My first question is can i opt for 2 or more degrees (or diploma), at least 1 with more than 3 years while calculating my CRS score? which gives me additional points on education.
This is because as i understand(from different forums), WES don't recognize any MBA diploma/degree as equivalent to Canadian education as of Jan, 2018 onwards.
Similarly, my wife has a 2 years masters( MSc from Delhi university), if we make her primary, would she be able to get these additional point from above option?
2nd question:
Can i opt for any other ECA agency which recognize my MBA or my wife's Masters instead of WES? like ICAS or ICES? Or the results would be the same?
3rd question:
Let's say i go with ICAS for ECA evaluation. Since the Delhi university or IP university don't have a mechanism to send the transcripts directly to ICAS, WES, or ICES, do they accept sealed(unopened, University sealed/stamped) transcripts sent from me for evaluation?

4th question:
Anyone know of any agency who can help me fast track my application or get my transcripts from Delhi university. I have sealed transcripts from IP university.

Please help me clarify these doubts before i submit my ECA.
Thanks
Abhishek
Q1 - You can claim points for 2 or more certificates.
What you need to do -
1) Call WES and discuss in detail, delete that MBA evaluation, tell them you guys didn't recognize my MBA, so just retain my bachelor's on this report.
2) Read IQAS website in detail and follow the steps. Only IQAS is your hope to get a Master's ECA.

Q2 - Yes IQAS will take more than 6 months, but its worth the wait. You will get Masters ECA for yourself and your wife. Fingers crossed.

Q3 - To be honest only CES is accepting transcripts in sealed envelopes from students. Apart from that IQAS and WES are definitely wanting the envelope from your university. So what students/agents are doing in this case -
1) They are taking the sealed envelope from the university in the branded university envelope.
2) Sealed and stamped on the backflap. Also on the back flap it is clearly written, if not delivered return to the university with a proper return address. (This makes it look like it came from the university)
3) They will visit the nearest post office near the university and while sending it, they write sender address of a university staff.(The person who hands over the transcript)
4) They sent it via a normal speed registered post. No fancy courier like dhl or fedex.

This is how agents are doing it for WES, and its going through.

Q4 - Lot of agents are available on the internet, call them have a detailed conversation with them, they will explain the work around to you perfectly. Of course they will charge a bomb for this as its a perfect money making trick for them.
Why do you want to think about IP University now? you have a bachelor's ECA from WES... that's done and dusted.

Bonus Tip - Way too many threads on this forum about 2 or more certificates, read them all.. You will get replies to all your queries.

abhi.2207

Sep 24, 2020
if this helps, IQAS was able to evaluate my transcripts.
We were able to claim the points for masters for both me and my wife and apply for PR.
It took a lot of time to get things done, but finally we got the PR.