+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 months since In Process at VO - is it normal ?

Duy

Nov 6, 2012
Hello everyone.

My VO is Singapore.
The eCas shows that the Permanent Application status of my spouse is In Progress since 21st of May.

1. We received xxxxxx application for permanent residence on September 6, 2013.

2. We started processing xxxxx application on May 21, 2014.

3. Medical results have been received.

I have checked others and it seems common to receive an update (either PPR or Re Medical) within the next month.
Does everything looks normal ? My spouse if from Vietnam. I am worried that with such a delay, we are probably in the list for interview :(

I intend to check for the Global Notes very soon to get an update.

Any opinion or advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Vietnam2013

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Vietnam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2013
Doc's Request.
Received interview letter October 8, 2014
Nomination.....
Ecas now reads application recieved October 14, 2014, from In Process
AOR Received.
August 15, 2013
File Transfer...
August 15, 2013
Med's Request
1st medical sent with sponsorship application
Med's Done....
2nd medical request July 15, 2014
Interview........
Interview date has not been given yet.
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014, return October 14, 2014
Singapore VO has a 30 month processing time. So yes, that's the new normal. :eek:
Order the Global Notes, it will give you some clearer indication of where things are at in your sponsorship files.

I am not sure if this gives you any comfort, but an immigration officer has not even been assign to our case.

As for the online status update, you are much further ahead than us. Ours doesn't even say “We started processing xxxxx application on...” .

We are still stuck on these two sentences every time I login to check:

1. We received xxxxxx application for permanent residence on

2. Medical results have been received.

“I am worried that with such a delay, we are probably in the list for interview.”

Try not to keep yourself up at night too much with this. If you have all the correct paper work in order. You will be fine, there to nothing to be afraid of and worried about. Personally, I welcome an interview if we can expiate this whole application process a little quicker to weed out the questionable sponsorship application. :)

TorontoEH

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2014
File Transfer...
Apr 16, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 7, 2014
Mine was in process for over 2 months and I received PPR today. I'm not sure that anyone could give you an indication on how long it will take as each VO is different. Hopefully you hear something soon.

Duy

Nov 6, 2012
Just a quick update as I have received the Notes today.

Singapore VO did returns my application (original docs) and asked for re-medical on 22nd of May, that is one day after it was in progress.
Unfortunately, that was done by mail and my spouse never received the documents.
I have contacted the Singapore VO through their online form, I hope to get an answer soon because I do not know how to continue from this point.