+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 different citizenships doubt

mvmt

Jan 29, 2015
Hello everyone!

I have 2 different citizenships and therefore, 2 different passports. The one I used to enter Canada is valid until 2017 but the other one is expired and I have no intentions to get it renewed as I don't use it at all.

Does anyone know if I have to upload copies of both of them and if both have to be valid at the moment of the upload??

Thanks!

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm double citizen too and used my 2nd passport for traveling in the US. I scanned both passports for the travel documents section.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mvmt said:
Hello everyone!

I have 2 different citizenships and therefore, 2 different passports. The one I used to enter Canada is valid until 2017 but the other one is expired and I have no intentions to get it renewed as I don't use it at all.

Does anyone know if I have to upload copies of both of them and if both have to be valid at the moment of the upload??

Thanks!
When you get an ITA, it will ask about multiple citizenships and, I assume, then ask you to upload both passports. Why not renew it?

mvmt

Jan 29, 2015
When you get an ITA, it will ask about multiple citizenships and, I assume, then ask you to upload both passports. Why not renew it?
[/quote]

Thank you for your reply!

I don't want to renew it because the Consulate in Toronto takes a long time to do it and it also costs quite a few $$$, so, it doesn't make sense to invest time and money in something that I'm not going to use at all. That's why I need to know if it has to be valid or not; if it has to be, I'll have to renew it better sooner than later and if it hasn't, well, that's my gain!