+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 Bedroom rental in Mississauga for a small family

djara

Oct 4, 2019
Hi,
I am currently looking for a rental preferably 2 bedroom home in Mississauga. My brother and his family (wife and 2 girls) moved to Canada and are looking around this area since my sister in law will be going to ESL school (English as a Second Language) and they want to be closer to that school. Something affordable around $1400. If anyone could help us finding something would be really great.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I am currently looking for a rental preferably 2 bedroom home in Mississauga. My brother and his family (wife and 2 girls) moved to Canada and are looking around this area since my sister in law will be going to ESL school (English as a Second Language) and they want to be closer to that school. Something affordable around $1400. If anyone could help us finding something would be really great.

Thank you
Would also mention the timeline they are looking for. Language programs tend to be 3 months. Very unusual for families to be able to join parents attending language courses. Assume none of the family members are allowed to work in Canada which will likely cause concerns for many landlords.

djara

Oct 4, 2019
Would also mention the timeline they are looking for. Language programs tend to be 3 months. Very unusual for families to be able to join parents attending language courses. Assume none of the family members are allowed to work in Canada which will likely cause concerns for many landlords.
Thank you for your answer, my brother and his wife will be studying english first then, they will be studying a master in engineering and architecture, and my cousin who is a Canadian citizen will be the responsible for the renting process.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Thank you
For that price-point, you'll likely want to be looking for either a basement unit or apartment. Suggest you check out kijiji but make sure you visit the properties in person.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Where are they attending school? Mississauga is not very convenient for most of the universities. Agree that basements or some apartments are the most likely. Taking the GO train 4-5 days a week for both of them will be very costly and may be hard to arrive home to pick up the children from school. If they are going to York, U of T or Ryerson it would maks more sense to look at something where you can take the TTC only.

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your answer, my brother and his wife will be studying english first then, they will be studying a master in engineering and architecture, and my cousin who is a Canadian citizen will be the responsible for the renting process.
Instead of both going for masters, one of them can study, the other spouse would get open work permit and can look for jobs. This is what I did in 2013, not sure if rules changed now.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Instead of both going for masters, one of them can study, the other spouse would get open work permit and can look for jobs. This is what I did in 2013, not sure if rules changed now.
Spouses of international students are not guaranteed visas/permits. What you are suggesting is an option only if one can secure an SOWP.