+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1YR POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA - Distance Learning (IGNOU or ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY)?

sammyboyrocks

Nov 13, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Can you please suggest from which University I should do 1 Yr Post Graduate Diploma IGNOU or ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY??

I want to increase my points in education and so planning to do 1yr course. I heard news about UGC cancelling various distance learning institutes license and so need your help in selecting a university whose transcript will be recognised and will be evaluated by WES.

Thanks in advance!

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi Everyone,

Can you please suggest from which University I should do 1 Yr Post Graduate Diploma IGNOU or ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY??

I want to increase my points in education and so planning to do 1yr course. I heard news about UGC cancelling various distance learning institutes license and so need your help in selecting a university whose transcript will be recognised and will be evaluated by WES.

Thanks in advance!
Both universities are valid, the only requirement is it should have two semesters in a year.

sammyboyrocks

Nov 13, 2018
Both universities are valid, the only requirement is it should have two semesters in a year.
Thanks mr.preetsingh for so prompt reply. I am only worried about taking an admission to the university is because of the news given below. Can you please guide whether I should go ahead and take the admission in Annamalai University?

Only pros I am considering the Annamalai University is that it has multiple courses available compared to IGNOU.

Your guidance and help will be highly appreciated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

High Court breather to Annamalai University

In a breather to Annamalai University and students from other States pursuing distance education, the Madras High Court on Monday stayed a recent order of the University Grants Commission (UGC), which cancelled its recognition to varsity’s distance education programmes from 2015-16.

Hearing a plea by the varsity’s Registrar (In-charge) K. Arumugam, challenging the UGC’s order, Justice M.M. Sundresh granted an interim stay and further ordered issuing of notice to authorities returnable by eight weeks.

The UGC had in August 2012 informed Annamalai University that the territorial jurisdiction of State Universities, both private and government, for offering programmes distance mode cannot go beyond the boundaries of the respective States.

Though a single judge of the High Court set aside the UGC’s direction in 2013, after the university moved it, a Division Bench, while hearing an appeal by the UGC against the order, held that all the admissions made in distance education outside the State would be subject to the final decision of the pending appeal, Mr. Arumugam stated in his plea.

While so, a news item published in the media earlier this month stated that the recognition to 31 universities across the country, including Annamalai University, was cancelled for not accepting the conditions laid down by the UGC and hence the plea.

Recent order cancelling recognition to distance education programmes stayed

source: https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/high-court-breather-to-annamalai-university/article7602900.ece

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thanks mr.preetsingh for so prompt reply. I am only worried about taking an admission to the university is because of the news given below. Can you please guide whether I should go ahead and take the admission in Annamalai University?

Only pros I am considering the Annamalai University is that it has multiple courses available compared to IGNOU.

Your guidance and help will be highly appreciated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

High Court breather to Annamalai University

In a breather to Annamalai University and students from other States pursuing distance education, the Madras High Court on Monday stayed a recent order of the University Grants Commission (UGC), which cancelled its recognition to varsity’s distance education programmes from 2015-16.

Hearing a plea by the varsity’s Registrar (In-charge) K. Arumugam, challenging the UGC’s order, Justice M.M. Sundresh granted an interim stay and further ordered issuing of notice to authorities returnable by eight weeks.

The UGC had in August 2012 informed Annamalai University that the territorial jurisdiction of State Universities, both private and government, for offering programmes distance mode cannot go beyond the boundaries of the respective States.

Though a single judge of the High Court set aside the UGC’s direction in 2013, after the university moved it, a Division Bench, while hearing an appeal by the UGC against the order, held that all the admissions made in distance education outside the State would be subject to the final decision of the pending appeal, Mr. Arumugam stated in his plea.

While so, a news item published in the media earlier this month stated that the recognition to 31 universities across the country, including Annamalai University, was cancelled for not accepting the conditions laid down by the UGC and hence the plea.

Recent order cancelling recognition to distance education programmes stayed

source: https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/high-court-breather-to-annamalai-university/article7602900.ece
if you want to be sure, go with your state university.

anusiya

Feb 6, 2015
Hi Preet,

I already enrolled for PG Diploma one year but it has only one semester from Annamalai University. Will I get points for the same.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi Preet,

I already enrolled for PG Diploma one year but it has only one semester from Annamalai University. Will I get points for the same.
I doubt WES will access as one year. But you can try.

Gurps2791

Aug 5, 2018
I doubt WES will access as one year. But you can try.
Hi all ,

I am also pursuing 1 year post graduate diploma from IGNOU ,which is having 2 semester .I have already completed my 1st one , but about to submit assignments for 2nd one .Just to confirm if This would positively recognize by WES

Reactions: ClintonCV

georgeb88

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
Guys anyone has any update on the 1 year PG diploma WES evaluation? From Annamalai or other distance education?

Did any of you get the 2 or more degrees points?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Guys anyone has any update on the 1 year PG diploma WES evaluation? From Annamalai or other distance education?

Did any of you get the 2 or more degrees points?
Yes, it is valid.

georgeb88

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
Yes, it is valid.
dude!!!!! Your reply is a sight for sour eyes!!!! Can i enquire a lil more though. do you have any info on the exact evaluation? cos I have been reading that Wes changed the evaluation for PG Dip in 2018.

Was the ECA a 1 year course?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
dude!!!!! Your reply is a sight for sour eyes!!!! Can i enquire a lil more though. do you have any info on the exact evaluation? cos I have been reading that Wes changed the evaluation for PG Dip in 2018.

Was the ECA a 1 year course?
PGDBIO and any post graduate diploma from Annamalai university has been evaluated as post graduate diploma.

georgeb88

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
PGDBIO and any post graduate diploma from Annamalai university has been evaluated as post graduate diploma.
First of all Thanks a lot for Ur response... Really do appreciate it.

Regarding getting evaluated as post graduate diploma, I have read abt things like some coming up as 'one semester' Vs it being 'one year'. Assuming we need the 1 year ECA to claim points, do u know anything any the specifics of the period in ECA?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
First of all Thanks a lot for Ur response... Really do appreciate it.

Regarding getting evaluated as post graduate diploma, I have read abt things like some coming up as 'one semester' Vs it being 'one year'. Assuming we need the 1 year ECA to claim points, do u know anything any the specifics of the period in ECA?
There are some courses which would end up as semester, WES has done this in past. But if you will get such response from WES, then you can always try ICES or IQAS.

One thing for sure, PGDBIO from IGNOU is University diploma 1 year.

Reactions: georgeb88

georgeb88

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
There are some courses which would end up as semester, WES has done this in past. But if you will get such response from WES, then you can always try ICES or IQAS.

One thing for sure, PGDBIO from IGNOU is University diploma 1 year.
Thanks bro!