+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1st Landing - Forms of Proof of Funds

lizlin

Sep 29, 2009
Hi everyone

I would most appreciate if someone could tell me if providend funds and house valuation (currently under mortgaged) can be used as proof of funds when i first land in Canada?

I will be going to Canada in October, I need a reply ASAP. If you have entered Canada showing either of these documents, kindly let me know

Thanks very much in advance

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
I had prints of my bank accounts and savings accounts etc with me upon landing but the officer did wave it all away and didn't even look at them or asked any questions.

Perhaps it was because of my Prada shoes, Coach handbag, YSL trench coat etc that he thought " Ah well, this one is OK"! ;)

Maybe that helps! :D

rinks25us

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
if Prada is on expensive side, wear a sports coat, a neck scarf, some nice pair of sunglasses, a nice bag .. that works too :))

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lizlin said:
Hi everyone

I would most appreciate if someone could tell me if providend funds and house valuation (currently under mortgaged) can be used as proof of funds when i first land in Canada?

I will be going to Canada in October, I need a reply ASAP. If you have entered Canada showing either of these documents, kindly let me know

Thanks very much in advance
No No No, you have to show unencumbered funds so that you can support yourself for the first 6 months. You can feed yourself with the equity in a house.