+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

19th Draw ?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nez18 said:
I hope that the draws don't come to a stand still now that there is a new government. And the Liberals might even choose to eliminate the EE system and bring back the old FSW and CEC programs.
Highly unlikely.

gregrdyer

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
Lammawitch said:
Highly unlikely.
There is the slight possibility that the Rounds of Invitations might be on hold until the new Minister of Citizenship and Immigration is sworn in. Which should take place pretty soon.

If you note, the CIC web page that displays the Ministerial Instructions usually makes mention of the Minister giving the instructions. Do we know who the new Minister of Citizenship and Immigration is? If there's currently no sworn in Minister, who then can give a Ministerial Instruction concerning Immigration?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
gregrdyer said:
There is the slight possibility that the Rounds of Invitations might be on hold until the new Minister of Citizenship and Immigration is sworn in. Which should take place pretty soon.

If you note, the CIC web page that displays the Ministerial Instructions usually makes mention of the Minister giving the instructions. Do we know who the new Minister of Citizenship and Immigration is? If there's currently no sworn in Minister, who then can give a Ministerial Instruction concerning Immigration?
I read someplace that new minister for immigration is taking charge of his office on Nov 4th.

MhamadK

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2013
Med's Request
17-12-2013
Med's Done....
22-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
14-02-2014
gregrdyer said:
mention of the Minister giving the instructions.
Good point, but I thought that the current government resumes work until the new government is formed in 10 days, right?

sk_ind_cad

Sep 3, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6th Jan 2016
AOR Received.
6th Jan 2016
Med's Done....
8th Jan 2016
Passport Req..
5th July 2016
VISA ISSUED...
19th July 2016
ybjianada said:
Well, it seems that Ontario's selection definitely goes by some unspecified criteria, perhaps the NOC. My CRS score is also above 470 but have not received any PNP notification from Ontario. My profile went open on the 10th of the month. Hope I make it in the next draw too.

What is your NOC? I checked some of your previous posts. You said you were 2171/2 (data analyst)? But you also said you are working as a registered nurse?
My wife falls under the Registered Nurse, I am the primary applicant.. My NOC is 2171.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
gregrdyer said:

No place is ever kept vacant. There is always a care taker person until the new one takes over or the former who has resigned would sign until the New person takes over. Don't speculate things. The draw will happen as planned.

ronster

Feb 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
No place is ever kept vacant. There is always a care taker person until the new one takes over or the former who has resigns would sign until the New person takes over. Don't speculate things. The draw will happen as planned.
I hope you are right. I hope they still go on with the draws even in the absence of Chris Alexander.

Too much effort to just go down the drain if they don't. :(

quarko

Star Member
May 23, 2015
ANXIOUS1 said:
Well there is a new Government now and I doubt whether there will be any draw anytime soon.

Thinking outside the box, if there are any draws soon, the scores may go down as the liberals are more immigrant friendly. (just an assumption)
I do not agree with you on the first part - immigration process is not dependent on the government. It's not like PM has to sign each immigrant's application, or something.

As about the second thought, I partially agree. Not because Liberals are immigrant-friendly (they are friendly towards the family-reunion kinds of immigrants), but because even a slight drop in CRS score initiated by them would befriend lots and lots of immigrants. Just imagine, if Trudeau announced a 5 point drop to the required level of CRS, he would suddenly become a hero of hundreds of thousands of immigrants. Therefore, some quick and dirty hack with immigration system, like lowering fees or increasing processed applications per month up to 2000 would not require much of his time to implement but would be very useful to his image.

Jad77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let's dream a little bit !
Imagine next draw, they will send 4000 invitations and the cutoff drop to 435 points... :p :p :p
Celebrating the election.... Hahahaha.... ;D ;D ;D

Sandip13

Jun 28, 2015
The prime minister-designate announced during his first press conference since winning a majority that he plans to unveil his cabinet on 4 November

explains that Harper will continue to serve as the prime minister until Trudeau is sworn in, likely in time to attend the G-20 summit in Turkey, which is on 15 November. Meanwhile, Canada will remain under a “caretaker convention”, as it was during the election cycle, while the new liberal government is formed.
Caretaker convention- http://www.pco-bcp.gc.ca/index.asp?lang=eng&page=convention&doc=convention-eng.htm

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Jad77 said:
Imagine next draw, they will send 4000 invitations and the cutoff drop to 435 points... :p :p :p
[/quote

Wake up before this Friday. You might get the news "There is a male in your cic account" :p

jha190

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Hi there any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had two different NOC codes in my initial online Express Entry application (work I intend to do and my work experience) which was a mistake and made me ineligible for the FSWP.
I have updated this information on my online profile, yet It still shows FSWP eligibility status not met on myCIC. I have met the minimum requirements. Will I still get an iTA or does this need to be updated first? Please give me any advice. Thanks in advance

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jha190 said:
Hi there any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had two different NOC codes in my initial online Express Entry application (work I intend to do and my work experience) which was a mistake and made me ineligible for the FSWP.
I have updated this information on my online profile, yet It still shows FSWP eligibility status not met on myCIC. I have met the minimum requirements. Will I still get an iTA or does this need to be updated first? Please give me any advice. Thanks in advance
once a profile is ineligible it becomes locked and you can't edit it. You need to create a new profile in order to enter the pool

Charli123

Feb 12, 2015
Jad77 said:
Why only 435 points... Lets wish for 400 Points ;D ;D ;D ;D