LANDED..........
10th June 2017
maximum of 5 Draws can take place now

23rd Oct
6th Nov
20 Nov
4th Dec
18th Dec

This means there will be less chance to make a draw after 21 days now. All the draws will be in 14 days. I guess the cut off might go down below 450 withing these 5 draws that take place. There target was to make 16-25 draws this year and these 5 draws will make them 23. Now if we assume 1500 ITA per draw that would be only 7500 ITA now for 2015. Will that be enuf ? lets wait and watch now because I feel they might increase number of ITA's to 2000 and that too every 14 days will definitely reduce scores below 450.

Jad77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
maximum of 5 Draws can take place now

23rd Oct
6th Nov
20 Nov
4th Dec
18th Dec

This means there will be less chance to make a draw after 21 days now. All the draws will be in 14 days. I guess the cut off might go down below 450 withing these 5 draws that take place. There target was to make 16-25 draws this year and these 5 draws will make them 23. Now if we assume 1500 ITA per draw that would be only 7500 ITA now for 2015. Will that be enuf ? lets wait and watch now because I feel they might increase number of ITA's to 2000 and that too every 14 days will definitely reduce scores below 450.
Yes exactly, bestofluck ! Or even a back-to-back draws.. it has already happened, for instance :

23rd Oct (projection, assumption: 456 points)
30th Oct (projection, assumption: 448 points)
13th Nov (projection, assumption: 446 points)
27th Nov (projection, assumption: 444 points)
11th Dec (projection, assumption: 441 points)
29th Dec (projection, assumption: 438 points) ...

And that makes 6 draws, which also would reduce the cutoff below 450, even below 440 as I said.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Jad77 said:
Yes exactly, bestofluck ! Or even a back-to-back draws.. it has already happened, for instance :

23rd Oct (projection, assumption: 456 points)
30th Oct (projection, assumption: 448 points)
13th Nov (projection, assumption: 446 points)
27th Nov (projection, assumption: 444 points)
11th Dec (projection, assumption: 441 points)
29th Dec (projection, assumption: 438 points) ...

And that makes 6 draws, which also would reduce the cutoff below 450, even below 440 as I said.

Perfect I am with 438. I forgot to adjust the sixth draw. please adjust the Seventh also to make them 25....may be on Christmas day a Gift....25 December 430...

snorden88

Oct 15, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2016
LANDED..........
--/03/2017
So, I am hoping for the 19th draw to take place :-X any time from 19th to 23rd (as per the trend :p and unpredictability of the trend :'().
What say You ? 8)

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
snorden88 said:
So, I am hoping for the 19th draw to take place :-X any time from 19th to 23rd (as per the trend :p and unpredictability of the trend :'().
What say You ? 8)
Let us consider the draw happens on Friday only, After all there are maximum of 7 draws remain.

bloomy

May 3, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
It isn't logical to assume that all 'wanted' professionals have a score below 400.
Do you have any statistical record regarding the which occupation has which point ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bloomy said:
Do you have any statistical record regarding the which occupation has which point ?
Points don't depend on the occupation. They depend on language skills, work experience in Canada, work experience outside Canada, education, age and marital status. Roughly in that order of importance.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Everyone was assuming if the Draw happened on 16th October the scores would have gone down. Now if the Draw happens after 21 days They all say it will go up by few pints. It will be interesting to see that even after 21 days the scores don't go up and remain on 450 the following draws will be bringing good news for all between 430 and 450

bloomy

May 3, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Points don't depend on the occupation. They depend on language skills, work experience in Canada, work experience outside Canada, education, age and marital status. Roughly in that order of importance.
Probably you misunderstood. I am trying to make a forecast regarding the occupational demand of Canada and the actual situation. All in all Canada needs some special occupations according to their projection, this is the fact isn’t it ? So , they should re set the Express Entry system according to the result. For example if they need at least 200 civil engineers for a year and there is no one ,who has enough point to get ITA, for their goal. That means system is not working effectively.

Anyway without numbers it is not easy to talk on this issue. But most probably they will re arrange the system on coming years

snorden88

Oct 15, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2016
LANDED..........
--/03/2017
I have tummy butterflies ;D

Jad77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
Everyone was assuming if the Draw happened on 16th October the scores would have gone down. Now if the Draw happens after 21 days They all say it will go up by few pints. It will be interesting to see that even after 21 days the scores don't go up and remain on 450 the following draws will be bringing good news for all between 430 and 450
Yeah, that also should be interesting
Again, wait and see ...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bloomy said:
Probably you misunderstood. I am trying to make a forecast regarding the occupational demand of Canada and the actual situation. All in all Canada needs some special occupations according to their projection, this is the fact isn’t it ? So , they should re set the Express Entry system according to the result. For example if they need at least 200 civil engineers for a year and there is no one ,who has enough point to get ITA, for their goal. That means system is not working effectively.

Anyway without numbers it is not easy to talk on this issue. But most probably they will re arrange the system on coming years
Canada needs skilled immigrants and if some of them automatically fulfil occupational demands, that works for CIC. Which is why LMIA nets you 600 additional points and guarantees you an ITA. So do most PNPs who still have some mechanisms of controlling occupation based invitations.

But that doesn't preclude them from inviting purely skill based immigrants without restricting that to occupations unlike the flawed NOC caps based model which they had till last year. The program has just begun and at some point of time in the future, CIC expects LMIAs to fulfil immediate labor market requirements while simultaneously inviting applicants who have a mix of abilities that have historically proven to be reliable indicators for a successful immigrant including education, experience, language skills and age. Both processes work together but, in the early days, one of them is far ahead of the other. It won't stay like this forever though. Eventually Canadian businesses will figure out the benefits of the LMIA route to tap skilled talent and that will skew the model further. If this fails, Canada really doesn't have a good back up option. So they can't let it fail.

Also remember that this is probably the first and largest experiment of its kind that treats immigration as a resource problem and attempts to solve it more with free market dynamics rather than externally imposed conditions. Let's wait and see hoe they works out for them.

CADparity

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Canada needs skilled immigrants and if some of them automatically fulfil occupational demands, that works for CIC. Which is why LMIA nets you 600 additional points and guarantees you an ITA. So do most PNPs who still have some mechanisms of controlling occupation based invitations.

But that doesn't preclude them from inviting purely skill based immigrants without restricting that to occupations unlike the flawed NOC caps based model which they had till last year. The program has just begun and at some point of time in the future, CIC expects LMIAs to fulfil immediate labor market requirements while simultaneously inviting applicants who have a mix of abilities that have historically proven to be reliable indicators for a successful immigrant including education, experience, language skills and age. Both processes work together but, in the early days, one of them is far ahead of the other. It won't stay like this forever though. Eventually Canadian businesses will figure out the benefits of the LMIA route to tap skilled talent and that will skew the model further. If this fails, Canada really doesn't have a good back up option. So they can't let it fail.

Also remember that this is probably the first and largest experiment of its kind that treats immigration as a resource problem and attempts to solve it more with free market dynamics rather than externally imposed conditions. Let's wait and see hoe they works out for them.
Does this mean that at some point, LMIA immigrants will represent a greater share of the intake, thus lowering the share of people from outside Canada while raising the cutoff points?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CADparity said:
Does this mean that at some point, LMIA immigrants will represent a greater share of the intake, thus lowering the share of people from outside Canada while raising the cutoff points?
That's what CIC was hoping for before launching EE but employers in Canada haven't bought into this story yet so it will be a while before any major skew, if any, starts showing effects. Till then, I expect regular and PNP based ITAs to vastly outnumber LMIA based ITAs.