+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

196 days since Biometrics. Sent multiple web forms to no avail. Just says processing.

pranavp2810

Apr 8, 2020
Hi my parents applied for their Visitor Visa (from outside Canada) on May 14, 2021, i.e. 276 days ago, in India as a joint application.
Due to covid, centre were closed at the time. When it reopened they were able to give Biometrics on Aug 2nd, VFS Bangalore in India, i.e. 196 days ago.
Have sent a webform every few weeks past the 50 day mark. It just says every time that they are prioritizing crisis situations.
Emailed the Visa office Canada in Delhi and they said to send a web form.
Even had my sister contact the MP of Nova Scotia who checked with IRCC, who just said it is processing.
Currently processing time is indicated as 70 days. Please help. What can we do?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi my parents applied for their Visitor Visa (from outside Canada) on May 14, 2021, i.e. 276 days ago, in India as a joint application.
Due to covid, centre were closed at the time. When it reopened they were able to give Biometrics on Aug 2nd, VFS Bangalore in India, i.e. 196 days ago.
Have sent a webform every few weeks past the 50 day mark. It just says every time that they are prioritizing crisis situations.
Even had my sister contact the MP of Nova Scotia who checked with IRCC, who just said it is processing.
Currently processing time is indicated as 70 days. Please help. What can we do?
Reapply with new portal.

Reactions: scylla

CEC Applicant - 21

Dec 8, 2015
Does that mean cancelling existing application? What happens to the biometrics?
I was in a same boat, I have applied for my wife's parents visitor visa in Feb 2021 and completed Biometric in July 2021 but there was no further progress. I re-applied using new portal on 3 Feb 2022 and received PPR on 13 Feb 2022.

Just create an account using your email address and choose Visitor visa or supervisa option and then - To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada. Please refer this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-trv-application-guide-my-visa-got-approved-in-just-6-days-new-portal-2022.757624/

There will be an option to enter UCI number for applicants, Just use your UCI number from current visitor visa application, Once you submit your application in new portal, UCI and Biometric information will be undated in 48 hours.

As far as I know, IRCC will automatically cancel the old application once you apply using new portal.

Reactions: scylla

ipkonfig

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Did they send you the link to complete the webform? Did you send them the completed webform?

Delhi visa office is only prioritizing applications for which you complete and submit the webform.

NewIndia123

Star Member
May 22, 2014
I am facing this issue:

My mother submitted her Canada visitor visa application through new IRCC Portal on 26-Nov-2021 and gave her biometrics on 22-Dec-2021. But whenever we log in to the portal, the system displays "Your fingerprints have not been received". What's even more weird is that on the top right corner under "Applicant information", her biometrics details are mentioned (Biometrics number, Date of biometrics enrolment, and Expiry date).

Please advise what to do.

Also, I wanted to attach screenshots here but couldn't. Can someone please tell me how to share screenshots via this forum? I tried many ways but couldn't figure it out. There is an "Insert Image" option but that asks for a URL, whereas my image is saved on my desktop. Couldn't figure out how to upload it.

Thanks

ipkonfig

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Also, I wanted to attach screenshots here but couldn't. Can someone please tell me how to share screenshots via this forum? I tried many ways but couldn't figure it out. There is an "Insert Image" option but that asks for a URL, whereas my image is saved on my desktop. Couldn't figure out how to upload it.
Use this post to find out how to share screenshots in this forum.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did they send you the link to complete the webform? Did you send them the completed webform?

Delhi visa office is only prioritizing applications for which you complete and submit the webform.
Delhi Visa office is not prioritizing applications where a web form has been sent. There is no need to send a web form with your new application.