+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

18 /high school student/denied visa

dubs868

Apr 15, 2018
Good day everyone on this forum,I recently went to apply for a Canadian temporary resident visa and got denied.
I live in Trinidad in the Caribbean I’m 18 years old however I’m still a highschool student.The Reasons I got denied was due to lack of travel history and personal assests+financial status however,I didn’t have to present any financial support because I’ve been to Canada in 2011 making me applicable to the CAN+ program and,I had previously travelled and didn’t do so after 2011 (I was a minor at the point in time). I’m concerned about how to go about this process once more. I have the financial support from both my home country and Canada(family member is a citizen)
Ps: I applied with my mom using a family form for 6 weeks however I’m going to apply solo this time what should I do?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Good day everyone on this forum,I recently went to apply for a Canadian temporary resident visa and got denied.
I live in Trinidad in the Caribbean I’m 18 years old however I’m still a highschool student.The Reasons I got denied was due to lack of travel history and personal assests+financial status however,I didn’t have to present any financial support because I’ve been to Canada in 2011 making me applicable to the CAN+ program and,I had previously travelled and didn’t do so after 2011 (I was a minor at the point in time). I’m concerned about how to go about this process once more. I have the financial support from both my home country and Canada(family member is a citizen)
Ps: I applied with my mom using a family form for 6 weeks however I’m going to apply solo this time what should I do?
6 weeks was too long a visit to declare, specially since you didn't submit financial docs (even if CAN+ makes it optional). Proceed with the financial docs, shorten your declared stay to 3 weeks, and include enrollment forms and tuition receipts from your school.

dubs868

Apr 15, 2018
6 weeks was too long a visit to declare, specially since you didn't submit financial docs (even if CAN+ makes it optional). Proceed with the financial docs, shorten your declared stay to 3 weeks, and include enrollment forms and tuition receipts from your school.
thank you so much however
What do you mean by school tuition? I’m in highschool/secondary school.It is free in my country and I will submit the necessary documents what do you suggest I submit?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
thank you so much however
What do you mean by school tuition? I’m in highschool/secondary school.It is free in my country and I will submit the necessary documents what do you suggest I submit?
OK, I see, but it might actually go against you...not a strong enough tie if you're not paying for school.

You can submit a certificate of enrollment for the upcoming academic terms, or another other documents that say that you will return to school, like an academic calendar, etc.