+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

17th Aug 2019 IELTS GT discussion

Pbansal

Aug 18, 2019
Pls people, on the general training Writing Test, I heard someone saying without 5 paragraphs you can be scored low. How true is this
No its not that.. I had scored 7 in 4 paragraphs. Its all about structure not number of paragraphs.. Generally speaking it's well structured in 4-5 paragraphs..

Reactions: Temmynitemmy

Temmynitemmy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
No its not that.. I had scored 7 in 4 paragraphs. Its all about structure not number of paragraphs.. Generally speaking it's well structured in 4-5 paragraphs..
So for yesterday's test for example. The task was to discuss both views and give one's opinion.

If after the introduction, you discuss the first view in the second paragraph, then the second view in the third paragraph and finally your opinion in the conclusion which is the 4th paragraph (rather than a fifth paragraph before the conclusion) is this OK?

Pbansal

Aug 18, 2019
So for yesterday's test for example. The task was to discuss both views and give one's opinion.

If after the introduction, you discuss the first view in the second paragraph, then the second view in the third paragraph and finally your opinion in the conclusion which is the 4th paragraph (rather than a fifth paragraph before the conclusion) is this OK?
Yes that's great.. Just keep in mind u don't mention ur opinion nowhere in 2nd and 3rd paragraphs and opinion in in conclusion in good as per my i

Pbansal

Aug 18, 2019

Yes that's great.. Just keep in mind u don't mention ur opinion anywhere in 2nd and 3rd paragraphs and opinion in conclusion is good as per my understanding

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
All these are myths , they dnt count ur paragraphs , the only thing matters is your writing - grammatical range , vocabs , linking ideas and task response .
U r allowed to make 7 paragraphs , just ielts.org , it’s the website which prepares ielts exams , not the Cambridge uni

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017

U can do whatever u want , u just have to convey ur message to the examiner in the ‘right’ way - that’s the main point

Temmynitemmy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
I think overall, the reading was fair.... Even though I don't know what made me choose Questionnaires as answer for question 40. Was shocked when people mentioned sensors

RiyaKaur123

Aug 1, 2019

Five paragraphs were must in this

First para- intro paraphrase + thesis + i

Second para- first view+ example

Third para-second view + example

Forth para- your opinion(i + i ) +example

Fifth para- conclusion (neutral + i )

I appeared twice earlier
Both times made 2 body paras only
& scores 6.5