+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

16months's fulle time requirment

lcec

Feb 4, 2010
Hello

My friend referred this website to me.

My concern is that I was a part time student for the first 4 month and for the next 12 months I was a full time student and I obtained accounting diploma. It was possible that I got credits from university at home country. Besides, I was also scared that I wouldn't get good mark for the first two courses if I had took three courses. I got Post graduate work permit for 3 years in Jun 2008 and have been working for more than 1 year at two companies as an full time accountant. I am also studying towards CGA. I have passed two courses from Jun to Dec 2009.

Do you think I will be rejected even if I explain the reasons above and my further studies through CGA program. It will be case by case or depend on who is going to examine my application?
My work permit ends Jun 2011.. I am worried.. My future plan is getting PR within 2010 and move to Vancouver winter of 2010 or spring of 2011. Currently I am in Alberta province.

I have been in Alberta for almost 5 years. I am going to ask my uncle who lives in Vancouver to write a supporting letter for me to attach to my application. What should I ask my uncle to write about and what kind of documents should I ask from him? Would it be helpful even though CEC is not point system?

I have read some previous posts but no one seems to have the same problem as me. Please give your opinion! Thank you~

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
The CEC program is peculiar about what types of education it accepts and what types it doesn't. It doesn't accept "diploma" programs. So your education does not qualify for the post-graduate stream.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/graduates.asp

However, once you complete 2 years of full-time skilled work, you will be eligible under the temporary worker stream:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/workers.asp

Your uncle is irrelevant to the CEC program. No need to waste everyone's time.

lcec

Feb 4, 2010
Hello Hero member

If the diploma is two years' program and through post secondary school the province recognize, the Immigration Canada count it.

Don't post what you don't know well and please be polite as much as you can since we all here are desperate for immigration. We are here for help but not for something else.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Dear Icec,

You asked for our "opinion." I had no intention of offending, only helping. I post what I know. I tend towards bluntness when repeating CIC's instructions. I am happy to be corrected when I am wrong, and of course you can ignore my posts if you believe you know better. We are not all going to have the same communication style. Most of us get stuck by CIC's rules. None of us get to change them.

Let me ask - you called it a "diploma" - was it a degree program? Did you earn a degree? Perhaps it's just confusion over a word choice.

Anyway, for further guidance - you can consultant this manual.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/resources/manuals/op/op25-eng.pdf

I think my previous opinion is still correct, you will need to complete your 2 years of work and then apply. You should have plenty of time, tho. So good luck to you.

If you decide to apply now anyway, let us know what happens.