+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

16 month program to apply for RNIP

Hossain619

Jan 13, 2020
Hi, if I apply for DLI 16 months 4 semester program am I eligible for 3 years pgwp and also as it is in RNIP community will I be able to apply for international student stream PR through the 16 month course (4 semester) in RNIP community.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, if I apply for DLI 16 months 4 semester program am I eligible for 3 years pgwp and also as it is in RNIP community will I be able to apply for international student stream PR through the 16 month course (4 semester) in RNIP community.
RNIP is not an established program and may not be available in a few years times. Getting approval is quite difficult. Would have a plan B.

abithanims

Feb 4, 2019
RNIP is not an established program and may not be available in a few years times. Getting approval is quite difficult. Would have a plan B.
Hi,
In one of your post you mentioned that "RNIP is not an established program and may not be available in a few years times. Getting approval is quite difficult. Would have a plan B."

I've been hoping to continue my Master for a while now, and this particular post triggered the below question.

I would like to know your thoughts on applying my masters, preferably in a place that have more possibilities of PNP / RNIP or a migration similar program. It would be ideal, to study at a place that may be apt to settling down as well in the long run.

What would you suggest for a Plan B?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
In one of your post you mentioned that "RNIP is not an established program and may not be available in a few years times. Getting approval is quite difficult. Would have a plan B."

I've been hoping to continue my Master for a while now, and this particular post triggered the below question.

I would like to know your thoughts on applying my masters, preferably in a place that have more possibilities of PNP / RNIP or a migration similar program. It would be ideal, to study at a place that may be apt to settling down as well in the long run.

What would you suggest for a Plan B?
A large portion of these communities don't have a university. Really depends on what type of masters you will be doing. The jobs advertised on RNIP are a mixture of lower and higher skilled jobs and many are common jobs needed in smaller communities. Expect that there will likely be a need for things like PSWs, LPNs, maybe RNs most years in many communities but it is hard to predict what skilled jobs that you would get with a masters degree will be advertised through RNIP on a yearly basis. Would think that if the city manages to hire a very skilled job one year they may not ever advertise for the same job again. From what we have seen many of the RNIP jobs are going unfilled and the communities are not stupid they want people who have ties to the community or already live there. This is a new program so it is impossible to know whether the program will continue (assume it will), what changes may be made, whether cities may change, what jobs will be advertised, etc.

If you do a masters you do have other options to secure PR. Just want you to have a plan B because the RNIP program has ton of uncertainty.

abithanims

Feb 4, 2019
Thank you for your reply. Very informative and I must say, an eye opener.

I never thought of opportunities in the smaller communities.

Thank you once again