+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

16 Month Post-Graduate Certificate

arunlawrence

Jan 5, 2019
Hi All,

My Cousin is looking to study in Canada for the below course.
Post-Graduate Certificate for Internationally Trained Teachers at Queens University

https://pros.educ.queensu.ca/certificates/ITT#pd

Duration: 16 Months from September 7 th 2023 to Dec 13th, 2024. Will She be eligible for getting 3 years work permit or only 1 year of work permit, as it is mentioned as a Post Graduate Certificate course only?

Regards,
Arun Lawrence

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
Hi All,

Post-Graduate Certificate for Internationally Trained Teachers at Queens University

Duration: 16 Months from September 7 th 2023 to Dec 13th, 2024. Will She be eligible for getting 3 years work permit or only 1 year of work permit, as it is mentioned as a Post Graduate Certificate course only?

Regards,
Arun Lawrence
The easiest way to confirm is by contacting the DLI. They would know better.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi All,

Regards,
Arun Lawrence
PGWP can be obtained after completing an eligible program in a DLI that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate

The duration of the PGWP will be the same as the duration of the studies. if less than 2 years. Any degree 2 year or more in duration will qualify you for a 3-year PGWP.

A 16-month program would only allow you to obtain a 16-month PGWP given that the program itself qualifies.

Do some googling, you should find an answer

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
PGWP can be obtained after completing an eligible program in a DLI that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate

The duration of the PGWP will be the same as the duration of the studies. if less than 2 years. Any degree 2 year or more in duration will qualify you for a 3-year PGWP.

A 16-month program would only allow you to obtain a 16-month PGWP given that the program itself qualifies.

Do some googling, you should find an answer
I don't think that's always the case. It depends upon the program you choose.
I choose 8 month program but it was equivalent to 1 year. I also got 1 year PGWP and so did my classmates. Another friend of mine did two 8 months program and got 3 years PGWP.
So, it all depends upon the equivalency of the program. Best way to confirm is to contact the DLI.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Has your cousin been accepted and been approved for a study permit. This program “screams” immigration as the whole point of the program is to become licensed to teach in Ontario. How can you prove that the program will give you new career opportunities in home country if point is to stay and work in Ontario? You aren’t getting a teaching degree (cousin has it) but to stay.

As for PGWP, ask Queens. This program has a 3 month ESL program built in so not sure that will count.

Last edited:

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
I can't talk about the program, I don't know much about it, or the university.

But I graduated from a 16-month program (at a DLI). It was back to back, with no summer break. I got a 3 year PGWP.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I don't think that's always the case. It depends upon the program you choose.
I choose 8 month program but it was equivalent to 1 year. I also got 1 year PGWP and so did my classmates. Another friend of mine did two 8 months program and got 3 years PGWP.
So, it all depends upon the equivalency of the program. Best way to confirm is to contact the DLI.
Yes, you got 1 year because the program is equivalent to 1 academic year. So Usually 8 months (September to April) are equivalent to 1 academic year which translates into 1-year PGWP.

The way it's written is that your PGWP is the same length as your program up to 2 years, and programs 2-year or longer get 3-year PGWP.

Of course, it can happen that someone with a program shorter than 2 years might get a 3-year PGWP because they got a nice immigration officer but that shouldn't be the expectation.

G_sha

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Hi All,

Regards,
Arun Lawrence

Hello, I have also applied for the same course. Did you get offer letter?