+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

15 backlogs in BE, any chances of SPP VISA

dax1986

Oct 10, 2012
Hello everyone.

I am Aamer from, Aurangabad Maharashtra.

I just got an offer letter from Centennial college for OCGC Strategic Management JAN 2013 intake. I have a query, whether will i be able to get a VISA for myself with ma profile.

IELTS - 7.5 overall (with no band less than 7)

10th- 67.86%
12th- 745
BE (MECH)- 56% aggregate, 67% final year
with 15 backlogs in my BE.

Now, i have done alot of research but still confused, what should i do.

Should i apply for VISA under SPP or should i apply under general category. Because, under SPP only 8 backlogs are allowed. I am worried whether I will be granted my study VISA.
Some say, its no issue, some say apply under general, this is just making me go crazy.

Please, help me.

P.S. can any tell me about good agents in Maharashtra, who are experts in handling such cases.

VPS123

May 10, 2012
Trivandrum, Kerala
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dax1986 said:
Hello everyone.

I am Aamer from, Aurangabad Maharashtra.

I just got an offer letter from Centennial college for OCGC Strategic Management JAN 2013 intake. I have a query, whether will i be able to get a VISA for myself with ma profile.

IELTS - 7.5 overall (with no band less than 7)

10th- 67.86%
12th- 745
BE (MECH)- 56% aggregate, 67% final year
with 15 backlogs in my BE.

Now, i have done alot of research but still confused, what should i do.

Should i apply for VISA under SPP or should i apply under general category. Because, under SPP only 8 backlogs are allowed. I am worried whether I will be granted my study VISA.
Some say, its no issue, some say apply under general, this is just making me go crazy.

Please, help me.

P.S. can any tell me about good agents in Maharashtra, who are experts in handling such cases.
hay first you check this OCGC Strategic Management and your BE Mech are related or not....(If this course are not related they will simply reject your visa and comment like your proposed studies are not reasonable.....like lots of students are getting this rejection statement these days.....and they will put this whole comment in your visa file like
Applicant failed 15 subjects in his previous studies. its either due to lack of ability or commitment, I am not satisfied PA will be able to handle studies in Canada given previous difficulties with studies.Proposed course at such great expense given pa's academic background is not justified. I am not satisfied applicant is a bonafide student . I am therefore not satisfied that applicant is not applying for unknown reasons other than studies and as such would be a genuine student. Weighing the information on hand in this specific case, the applicant has failed to establish that they are a bona fide temporary resident who will leave Canada following the completion of their studies pursuant to section R216(1)(b) of IRPA. Refused.
So first select right course
Try to apply in General Category...
Write strong SOP sating why you failed in your BE degree and how you heal this failures using your proposed course....

Ankitnanu

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
have you applied to any universities ?
if soo i need your sop i have also same profile got 17 backlogs in BE applied for masters of engg got admission in dalhousie university for september intake 2013

varungorur2005

Nov 8, 2012
Visa Office......
CIC Delhi
Hi,

I too have got admission to Centennial college for Jan 2013 for Grad. Cert. in Project Management. I have done my engineering in ECE with 55 %. I had 12 backlogs but I cleared all and got first class in the final sem. I had a year back too after my 3rd year. After my engineering I have about 1 and a half years of work experience till date. I applied for study permit visa under SPP on Nov 12. Awaiting for their reply. Hoping for the best..

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
sorry to disappoint you but having 16-17 backlogs in 8 semesters is very poor! its like u failed in 2 subjects every semester..

visa chances are poor.. have heard you get visa upto max 6 backlogs.. if more then u have more rejection chances..

amindersingh

Nov 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
brother this is just a matter of luck you can say, they don't have good judgment, that's why everyone says, that embassy is moody, i have seen many of my friends with more than 15 backlogs got visa earlier in september 2012 batch, that was there luck, but nowadays they are not allotting visa's to graduate people with good profile too, even we can't convince or appeal them, so,it's just a matter of luck, if u got visa then it's good, Best Wishes buddy :)

sippy kuk

Dec 3, 2012
varungorur2005 said:
Hi,

I too have got admission to Centennial college for Jan 2013 for Grad. Cert. in Project Management. I have done my engineering in ECE with 55 %. I had 12 backlogs but I cleared all and got first class in the final sem. I had a year back too after my 3rd year. After my engineering I have about 1 and a half years of work experience till date. I applied for study permit visa under SPP on Nov 12. Awaiting for their reply. Hoping for the best..

HI varun ,

i have some what like same story as your , excluding factor i am having work exp of 3 year , but the point is Wheather Grad. Cert. in Project Management would be helpful in job .... and i had backlogs but cleared during my degree 3-4 stuck which i cleared after completion of degree ..
sandeepblue15@gmail.com contact me on this id it will br very helpful for me ....

sachu

Mar 13, 2013
varungorur2005 said:
Hi,

Do u get visa

jibujacob93

Oct 24, 2015
Backlogs a problem for student visa

Hi all,

I finished me Btech with 6.7 GPA in April 2015 with a total of 9 backlogs(including repeats) overall. I applied for Memorial University of Newfoundland and got an offer letter. I am hoping to apply for visa by Nov 2nd week. Is this number of backlogs a problem for visa and also how should i apply for visa, As SSP or in General category..

Please help me guys iam really worried about this.

steakpie

Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
You will get your visa dont worry...its al about how you present your file and how you mould your SOP

steakpie

Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
jibujacob93 said:
#steakpie Thanks mate.
By the way should i apply as SSP or in General Category. What is the main difference in them..?
SPP only, I have a living example who was my classmate, she had 13-14 backlogs, and ggregate was just 60%, but same as you, last year she scored very welll...SHE GOT VISA INSPITE OF 14 BACKLOGS!

AGAIN, SOP IS THE DECIDER AND HOW YOU PRESENT YOUR CASE
^print and stick this somewhere you can see until you get visa.

EDIT: you are under Unviersity so you iwll have to file under UNVIERSITY catewgory only....get the University checklist and DO NOT FILE WITHOUT an agent...without them I feel you will make silly mistakes leading to rejection...

Like this one, you dont even know the category to apply!
I strongly suggest you pay and get some proferssional help even though people on forum mighr say something else...I fell you should, in your case.

All the best!

steakpie

Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
jibujacob93 said:
#steakpie Thanks mate.
By the way should i apply as SSP or in General Category. What is the main difference in them..?
EDIT: you are under Unviersity so you iwll have to file under UNVIERSITY catewgory only....get the University checklist and DO NOT FILE WITHOUT an agent...without them I feel you will make silly mistakes leading to rejection...

Like this one, you dont even know the category to apply!
I strongly suggest you pay and get some proferssional help even though people on forum mighr say something else...I fell you should, in your case.

jibujacob93

Oct 24, 2015
Thanks man...
I am applying through an agent only. Just to confirm i wrote this. But they said applying through SPP is better. And i have one more doubt.
I just went through some SPP websites an they say we need an educational loan to apply under SPP categories. Do you know whether the friend of yours had an educational loan or not when applying under SPP.

Anyways thanks a lot for all your information.