+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

14 page SOP. Advisable or shall I edit it down?

yasemin09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
I am a mature student and need to explain 14 year study gap. Is it advisable to send long SOP. or shall I make it short?
Thanks
Got my visa approved through SDS family application (with husband and 3-year-old daughter. I have 17 years study gap and even two years employment gap. My SOP is 5 pages long divided into different sections. You can watch the video that I created as your guide. My advice is to focus on your future plans after completing your study and make sure it's for career progression. Goodluck with your study permit application.

Reactions: RamSatt

Pilot_MikeNovember

Dec 5, 2019
Okay. First of all, you are extremely negative.
Secondly, stop judging others...
exactly there's not a single comment this person has made that says something nice extremely rude ,negative and judgmental acts like a visa officer on every other post. Stays on the site 24/7 replying every other query with negativity looks like he himself failed so no he discourages every other applicant. Now bro to tell you yes visa officers do read your SOP. From my gcms notes i came to know the visa officer judged my application based on what i had claimed and written in the sop.

Last edited:

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Got my visa approved through SDS family application (with husband and 3-year-old daughter. I have 17 years study gap and even two years employment gap. My SOP is 5 pages long divided into different sections. You can watch the video that I created as your guide. My advice is to focus on your future plans after completing your study and make sure it's for career progression. Goodluck with your study permit application.
Thank you very much Yasmine. Very pleased to hear your positive words