+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

14 Day Quarantine Start and End

Yoraee

Apr 26, 2017
Hi all

I landed in Canada on September 4th and have been in quarantine since.

I am now confused about when the quarantine period ends? Is the last day of quarantine the 17th or the 18th?

TIA and sorry if this has been asked before.

Edit: forgot to mention that I am staying in Toronto.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Doubleface72

Aug 2, 2020
Hi all

I landed in Canada on September 4th and have been in quarantine since.

I am now confused about when the quarantine period ends? Is the last day of quarantine the 17th or the 18th?

TIA and sorry if this has been asked before.

Edit: forgot to mention that I am staying in Toronto.
Hello,
on 18 Sept, you are allowed outside :)

Yoraee

Apr 26, 2017
Thank you guys for your responses.

Just for general information, I called the number provided in the email received from the Government of Canada shortly after I landed and they said that the 1st quarantine day is the day I landed and have to count 14 days starting then. This means I will be able to go out on the 18th.

Even before that, you are allowed to be in your front yard!
Sadly, I am confined to a flat. The balcony is the best I can do. (its a small balcony though).

colcol

May 27, 2019
Hi all. Did you arrive from outside the US, by air?

Whats was your experience with the border officer? did you have any issues with the "quarantine plan" or "the non-discretionary" arguments for your travel. I'd be very grateful if you shared your experience here. I'm planning on landing late October and want to prepare, specially regarding the whole "essential travel"

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all. Did you arrive from outside the US, by air?

Whats was your experience with the border officer? did you have any issues with the "quarantine plan" or "the non-discretionary" arguments for your travel. I'd be very grateful if you shared your experience here. I'm planning on landing late October and want to prepare, specially regarding the whole "essential travel"
The border officer will ask you questions like where you travel from and why, what your quarantine plan and if applicable - show him/her the arrivecan app on the screen of your cellphone. He/she would lecture you the consequences of failure to comply the quarantine rules and handout the guideline.

siveenks

Jul 11, 2018
Hi,
I am a Landed PR and have the PR card in hand. Our family plans to relocate to Canada early next year and I am looking for flight ticket options (To Toronto) and booking hotels (in Hamilton, as I plan to live there) that will allow for Quarantine. As you travelled during the restrictions, it would me much helpful if you can clear some doubts.
1. To satisfy the retirement for "Quarantine Plan", is it enough to show a Airbnb booking and explain that I will take a airport Taxi to the accommodation location?
2. Did you use Airbnb for your quarantine? I am not sure wether Airbnb will cancel our booking in last minute. It would be helpful if you share the service provider name for booking accommodation.
3. Regarding access to food and medicine, can we just say that we will be ordering groceries and food stuff from Walmart/related shops online with door delivery?

If there is any other special questions, please share that information also.
Thank you in advance.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I am a Landed PR and have the PR card in hand. Our family plans to relocate to Canada early next year and I am looking for flight ticket options (To Toronto) and booking hotels (in Hamilton, as I plan to live there) that will allow for Quarantine. As you travelled during the restrictions, it would me much helpful if you can clear some doubts.
1. To satisfy the retirement for "Quarantine Plan", is it enough to show a Airbnb booking and explain that I will take a airport Taxi to the accommodation location?
2. Did you use Airbnb for your quarantine? I am not sure wether Airbnb will cancel our booking in last minute. It would be helpful if you share the service provider name for booking accommodation.
3. Regarding access to food and medicine, can we just say that we will be ordering groceries and food stuff from Walmart/related shops online with door delivery?

If there is any other special questions, please share that information also.
Thank you in advance.
1) Yes
2) No, but you can find a new airbnb in the last minute. Check the availability in airbnb.ca
3) Yes