+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

13th May IELTS: Q&A&Results here

Mir Abid

May 14, 2017
My results: LRWS 8.5, 8.5, 7, 7.

I am thinking about applying for remark on W and S.

Odds for:
In writing I have used many less common words, connectors.
In speaking:
- I am thinking that my test administrators were so much in rush (lots of people).
- I have used idioms, some less common words and connectors.
- The difference in band scores is less than 2, so I guess they haven't rechecked as I got the results right on time (although it seems some people had successful re-evaluation even after their results got withheld).

Odds against:
- I remember I had some mistakes on writing. I didn't have time to recheck my essays.
- I feel like I didn't use all 2 minutes for section 2 of speaking.
- I have soft voice, which causes strain for the listener.
- Usually, I get lower scores on W and S in other tests.

I feel like I have many reasons against and it's going to be a waste of money. I always take a risk and end up paying for it so dearly. Also, the fee for re-evaluation is ridiculous taking into account many successful cases. Are these guys accountable to anyone?! This is a f**ng highway robbery!

What do you guys think? Should I go for it as I am not going to retake it and I think I will still wait a bit for Express Entry score to come down more?

Thanks.
hey Baha ,
Can you please share the answers for Listening and Reading .
Thank you

mejaz

Dec 9, 2016
Toronto, ON
Passport Req..
10-04-2018
indiai, kerala
My wife attended in Kerala too. She didn't get a mail or SMS. Sent an email to British council yesterday and received a reply saying some kinda quality control procedure and its all random. They said the same thing when we called Gurgaon , and that a decision on the result will come out on 7th June by 4 PM

Siraj_patel

May 14, 2017
My wife attended in Kerala too. She didn't get a mail or SMS. Sent an email to British council yesterday and received a reply saying some kinda quality control procedure and its all random. They said the same thing when we called Gurgaon , and that a decision on the result will come out on 7th June by 4 PM
Same is the case with me from Mumbai. But I only got a msg no e-mail..I am confident of a 3 band transition from 6 to 9 in reading as compared to my previous attempt.. Probably his m8 b a reason for withholding..

Ai.elhakim

May 27, 2017
Same situation here
Got email yestardy evening that my result withheld
13 MAY
BC
RIYADH SAUDI ARABIA
SECOND ATTEMPT
THE FIRST ONE WAS HELD FOR 2 WEEKS MORE !!!

A@A

Nov 18, 2016
Same situation here
Got email yestardy evening that my result withheld
13 MAY
BC
RIYADH SAUDI ARABIA
SECOND ATTEMPT
THE FIRST ONE WAS HELD FOR 2 WEEKS MORE !!!
so what was the result of the previous attempt? Was there any major band differences in all modules?

Ai.elhakim

May 27, 2017
so what was the result of the previous attempt? Was there any major band differences in all modules?
No it was L 6.5 RWS 6 and they didnt changed anything during this investigation period as i got mu TRF with the same date writin on it without the investigation extra time

And i know many of frnd recieved their result and one of them, his score was L9 R9 W6.5 S6

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
hey Baha ,
Can you please share the answers for Listening and Reading .
Thank you
I did in Canada, so different from India and other countries. Long reading one was about wave energy. Listening had some festival and research project on sea animals. I don't remember the answers anymore, sorry.

Can_2017

Apr 23, 2017
I think many who wrote in Kerala got their results withheld. Which location in Kerala?