+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

13th May IELTS: Q&A&Results here

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
only 0.5 band difference yet withheld. so the 2 band difference for withholding the result does not make sense
True , it was for quality check I guess.
What makes it more weird is that one of my friends got his result today , LRWS: 9,5,6,7 where he has 4 bands difference !!!

noman_pe

Apr 11, 2017
Sure it was was easy, I scored 8.5 in it. Other sections also went fine in terms of score. Unfortunately, messed up something in speaking which rated at 6.5. This single thing ruined my CRS score. Is there a benefit of remarking Speaking?

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
Sure it was was easy, I scored 8.5 in it. Other sections also went fine in terms of score. Unfortunately, messed up something in speaking which rated at 6.5. This single thing ruined my CRS score. Is there a benefit of remarking Speaking?
You said you messed it up in speaking , there is a little chance it might be changed, however if I were you and got 8+ in listening , 7+ in writing and reading , I would go for it.

noman_pe

Apr 11, 2017
You said you messed it up in speaking , there is a little chance it might be changed, however if I were you and got 8+ in listening , 7+ in writing and reading , I would go for it.
Well! I suspect I messed up but can't recall any serious mistake like unable to continue talk or grammatical blunders. Only at one occasion examiner had to repeat the question as I might be beating about the bush. But I spoke quite fast fearing time limit, perhaps for that reason she rated me low!

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
My results: LRWS 8.5, 8.5, 7, 7.

I am thinking about applying for remark on W and S.

Odds for:
In writing I have used many less common words, connectors.
In speaking:
- I am thinking that my test administrators were so much in rush (lots of people).
- I have used idioms, some less common words and connectors.
- The difference in band scores is less than 2, so I guess they haven't rechecked as I got the results right on time (although it seems some people had successful re-evaluation even after their results got withheld).

Odds against:
- I remember I had some mistakes on writing. I didn't have time to recheck my essays.
- I feel like I didn't use all 2 minutes for section 2 of speaking.
- I have soft voice, which causes strain for the listener.
- Usually, I get lower scores on W and S in other tests.

I feel like I have many reasons against and it's going to be a waste of money. I always take a risk and end up paying for it so dearly. Also, the fee for re-evaluation is ridiculous taking into account many successful cases. Are these guys accountable to anyone?! This is a f**ng highway robbery!

What do you guys think? Should I go for it as I am not going to retake it and I think I will still wait a bit for Express Entry score to come down more?

Thanks.

Last edited:

pratikpanchal

Jan 28, 2017
Dubai, UAE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
At least 4 of my friends got their results , 3 got withheld and the rest still waiting.
So, when can one expect their results in to be out in Dubai ? Coz i haven't received any message or e-mail regarding my result being witheld for investigation yet.