+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

13 years exp IT infrastructure project manager - need to choose University for Visa application acceptance

Oct 16, 2020
As stated above I have 13 years exp IT infrastructure project manager from Unilever, GRE - 312, IETLS -7
I have received offers for Fall 2021 from below Universities, which one should I take so that my visa application is convincing to the VO, please guide, I have a strong interest to MS courses but Still visa acceptance is more important. And can get a PR after studies. Secured study loan of 30 lacs, Cash to show - GIC - 10k - Cash - 20-30K , CA properties evaluation.

1) Northeastern University - MS in Computer Science - BCPNP eligible
2) NYIT - MS in cybersecurity - BCPNP eligible
3) Carleton MBA Sprott Business school
4) UNB MBA
5) Sobey School of Business - SMU - MBA
6) Asper school of Business - University of Manitoba - MBA

Please guide which one should I pick up.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Well, very interesting list of options you have right there. The best option may depend on what your goal is after graduation. Straight away I recommend you stay away from UNB and Asper Business as they are your worst options.

Option 1 and 2 would provide you the most technical education as well as eligibility for the BCPNP program. So, these two options are your safest options for PR. These are also probably the best for roles as a Programmer or Software developer, not necessarily manager-level positions. The downside of this is that these are American universities in Canada and therefore will have less status/reputation and networking options.

Carleton is your best option if you want to live in Ottawa. SMU is your best option if you want to live in Halifax. They will provide you more networking options with employers but do note that it is still difficult for anybody to get manager level positions or project manager positions as an immigrant. Education will be easier and if you are great at networking then these are better options.

Asper is decent in Manitoba but you have better options so I would not recommend you this option. The value of a UNB education is just not worth it whatsoever in my opinion.

All being said, if I had to choose one option for you then I would recommend Northeastern MS Computer Science. I normally wouldn't because it's a brach online program but in this COVID period everything is already online and Computer science is one of those fields where in person / online doesn't make that much of a difference. Also, there is so much demand for certain IT positions, networking won't matter. Also, the BCPNP program will make life very easy for you.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
As stated above I have 13 years exp IT infrastructure project manager from Unilever, GRE - 312, IETLS -7
I have received offers for Fall 2021 from below Universities, which one should I take so that my visa application is convincing to the VO, please guide, I have a strong interest to MS courses but Still visa acceptance is more important. And can get a PR after studies. Secured study loan of 30 lacs, Cash to show - GIC - 10k - Cash - 20-30K , CA properties evaluation.

1) Northeastern University - MS in Computer Science - BCPNP eligible
2) NYIT - MS in cybersecurity - BCPNP eligible
3) Carleton MBA Sprott Business school
4) UNB MBA
5) Sobey School of Business - SMU - MBA
6) Asper school of Business - University of Manitoba - MBA

Please guide which one should I pick up.
You got the spirit I'll tell you that but it's not possible to get the visa in time before Fall 2021 (August), maybe next year. Watch out for the deferral fee policies before choosing one.

Secured study loan of 30 lacs, Cash to show - GIC - 10k - Cash - 20-30K , CA properties evaluation.
Taking loans and showing liquid money sourced from other accounts
or entirely showing funds from another person's account (young bank statements) will weaken ties,
Showing assets on others name weaken your ties.
Ties cannot be created or adjusted. It is what it is.
(Socio economic status)

Last edited:

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
You got the spirit I'll tell you that but it's not possible to get the visa in time before Fall 2021 (August), maybe next year. Watch out for the deferral fee policies before choosing one.

Taking loans and showing liquid money sourced from other accounts
or entirely showing funds from another person's account (young bank statements) will weaken ties,
Showing assets on others name weaken your ties.
Ties cannot be created or adjusted. It is what it is.
(Socio economic status)
If you take out loans then you can use the loans to pay for your tuition and provide proof of tuition payment alongside your normal balance. That way you can artificially bloat your economic capability for study permit purposes.

Edit: Obviously don't show your loan if you do that.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
I would recommend you to go with top League as after 13 years of exp, if you opt for any namesake institutions then there is a high chance of Visa Rejection and VO may not think that your are genuine student and equivalent such options may be available in home country.
The tech programs that you have listed won't fetch you the kind of job, you would be looking for and you would bounce back to your old exp for any future jobs. Therefore, choose a good school irrespective of the program and then make your story around it.
If you want to go ahead with BCPNP, try for UBC MEL (Tech ) or MBAN (Management) program, admission is fairly easy and moreover you have your GRE score ready. It only has Jan intake.