+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

13 backlogs. will I get student visa for pg diploma in canada

fyz31fas

Jan 22, 2016
Hi all,

Myself Fayaz from India.

I like to apply for pg diploma in canada.
My profile is

10th - 75% (2006)
12th - 77% (2008)
Btech ECE - 61% (2012)

I have 8 backlogs but when included repeats it will gets to 13, but i cleared all in 2012 itself.

Have a work experience of 3 years as system admin.

Ielts score

L - 8.5 R - 6 W - 6 S- 5.5
overall - 6.5

Will I get visa if i applied for pg diploma for canada.
Some says backlogs will affect your visa eligibility. Please help me, I am totally confused and tensed.

Please help me.

jerry0500

Jan 23, 2016
fyz31fas said:
Hi all,

Myself Fayaz from India.

My profile is

10th - 75% (2006)
12th - 77% (2008)
Btech ECE - 61% (2012)

I have 8 backlogs but when included repeats it will gets to 13, but i cleared all in 2012 itself.

Ielts score

overall - 6.5

Some says backlogs will affect your visa eligibility. Please help me, I am totally confused and tensed.

Please help me.
Yes, backlogs do affect visa chances but it's not every time. Your percentage in 10th,12th & B.TECH are average. You have average IELTS bands. +you have a 3 year work experience .your profile is good. the only negative point is your backlogs. Chances are 50-50. but it is not impossible to get.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
If you get admission in any university chances are very high that you will get visa. A university is more credible to decide if your profile is good or bad.

Good luck

Adhithya

Nov 18, 2020
Hey, I have completed my B.E Mechanical and scored 7 in IELTS. I want to pursue an Aircraft Maintenance Technician in Canadore college which is a PG Diploma course for 2 years. Will my Visa get rejected for this? Can anybody help me?

mahuuuu

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Category........
CEC
Hey, I have completed my B.E Mechanical and scored 7 in IELTS. I want to pursue an Aircraft Maintenance Technician in Canadore college which is a PG Diploma course for 2 years. Will my Visa get rejected for this? Can anybody help me?
To be honest, it's up to the discretion of the officer. No one else can give an opinion on this. My advice is to write a good Statement of purpose and hope to get a positive outcome.

Reactions: Adhithya

Adhithya

Nov 18, 2020
To be honest, it's up to the discretion of the officer. No one else can give an opinion on this. My advice is to write a good Statement of purpose and hope to get a positive outcome.
Since it is a diploma course, my consultancy told there is no need for SOP and LOR

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Hi all,

Myself Fayaz from India.

My profile is

10th - 75% (2006)
12th - 77% (2008)
Btech ECE - 61% (2012)

Ielts score

overall - 6.5

Please help me.

You would need a strong SOP providing justification poor academics/backlogs and 5.5 band in speaking. Rest looks good as long as you can provide the authentic documentation. As advised by others here, it would be better to apply for a masters degree instead of diploma.

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
Write three things in sop why u opting for this course ...what are ur financials bank balance property to avoid that not return refusal things and to show that u have reasons to come back...and most importantly ur future goals job opportunity in ur home country after completion of this course....go through few sop samples...and ircc said again and again in their webinar to write a sop covering these three things....still u can be refused on the basis of backlogs and low IELTS score...luck matter alot...give ur best...pray