+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

12th October 2019 IELTS GT discussion

ss_andrew_ss

Oct 27, 2018
Hi..
I am really inspired to read ur ielts journey..
Can u pls explain what they are basically looking in speaking , it's just the fluency and grammar or they really want us to add some connectors, idioms, phrases to get 7 bands..
Pls reply as I am appearing for 23 Nov..
Actually, you can go to BC official website and read all the criterias for speaking. Nobody will tell you more than on that site.

Gurpreet26

Jun 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19/02/2020
Med's Done....
01/03/2020
My advice don't apply for EOR, there are very very few chances of increase, kindly reappear for exam. I wasted EOR money and time two times.

Apply for new exam and give your best.

I know they are extremely strict in marking Writing and speaking.

I am also not happy with my results. Please any suggestions to improve speaking???
I added everything, like idioms, natural phase, clear speech, a good interaction with teacher, very good full 2 mins Cue cards.. still 6.5

Now I am loosing my hopes. Please help anyone???
If you are confident then do apply for an eor.

yoloraw

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
If you are confident then do apply for an eor.
sometimes we often not aware of our own mistakes, like spellings, articles and format of essay. Some times we lack task achievement, which is highly important.

If the confidence is 100%, then anyone can apply. Else I suggest not to got with EOR.

Ivaturi99

Oct 12, 2019
Hi..
I am really inspired to read ur ielts journey..
Can u pls explain what they are basically looking in speaking , it's just the fluency and grammar or they really want us to add some connectors, idioms, phrases to get 7 bands..
Pls reply as I am appearing for 23 Nov..
Heyy.. Sry for the delay in response... With my experience some of the things i have noticed are.. Make sure you Completely listen to the question then start answering it... Also make sure there a enough hand movements while you are trying to explain your views on the topic given.. Try being as normal as possible.. Once you get to your comfort zone you will do well.. It's okay to stammer in between however make sure u don't carry it forward.. Leave an impact in the examiners mind that you are capable.. Practice by reading sample topics available which would help in connecting sentences better.. Enjoy your test while speaking.. Results will automatically fall in place all the best

EtaG

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know about my Ielts journey... Sooo in the 13th attempt and after 3 EOR, I finally got my required band. For 12 oct results it was withheld due to quality check and yesterday when i checked the Ielts essential website I can see the golden score
Over all -8
Listening-9
Reading -8.5
Writing-7
Speaking-7
I was never able to score 7 in writing, it was always 6.5, but this time I cracked it..
So you guys don’t loss hope anyone who is struggling to get the score, you will get it. Keep working and pray for the best.

all the best everyone.

Reactions: Lord V and yoloraw