+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

12th October 2019 IELTS GT discussion

Ivaturi99

Oct 12, 2019
Finally cleared and got my desired bands.. In 6 th attempt.

1st ATTEMPT LRWS-8 9 7.5 6.5- BC
EOR- NO CHANGE IN SCORES
2nd Attempt LRWS-9 8 7 6.5-BC
3rd Attempt LRWS- 7.5,7.5,7.5,6.5-BC
4th Attempt LRWS-8.5,8,6.5,7-IDP
EOR- No CHANGE IN SCORES
5th attempt LRWS-8 9 6.5 7-BC
EOR- NO CHANGE IN SCORES
(was offered free retest by British council due to frequent disturbances which occurred during my test which I complained but no luck with results.
6th Attempt LRWS- 8.5 8 7 7 - Idp 12th Oct

This has been a long story which started with my first attempt o. Dec 15 2018. With so many twists n turns.. Have achieved individual highest bands in all the modules but in different tests!! My first 3 attempts with BC had to face same speaking examiner thrice in a row.. Was kicking my self to find this world so small . However though she gave me 7.5 in speaking in the third attempt I lost by 0.5 in listening and ended at 7.5 bands where I needed atleast 8. Finally after these many attempts happy to see my ielts journey ending today!!

Just wanted to share my journey here resaon being I have read lot of stories abt their journeys in these threads.. Just wanted to say one thing dnt loose hope hard work pays and all it requires is a combination of hard work and self belief.. Also regarding EOR - all 3 eors didn't help me getting 0.5 added to band neither in writing nor in speaking.. I d say it's better to give a retest.. However follow ur gut feeling!! All the best everyone!!

Ivaturi99

Oct 12, 2019
Has someone from Idp India got their results? Usually I get the msg early morning but today not yet.. checked candidate login section as well no luck
I received the indicative score message which gave my idp results!! It comes to our registered mobile number!!

Ivaturi99

Oct 12, 2019
Has someone from Idp India got their results? Usually I get the msg early morning but today not yet.. checked candidate login section as well no luck
I received the message the Indicative score.. To my registered mobile number!!

pintu.k

Oct 15, 2019
Hello Guys,
This is my ielts BC score for the 1st attempt test on 12th/Oct.
LRWS = 7/6.5/7/6 (all 6.5)
I thought my Reading section went very good and I expected at least 8, but I ended up getting 6.5 which was surprising for me.
Can someone share the similar experiences, where could be the mistake, so I should take care in next attempt..
Do we need to write the capitals properly? Like 1st letter should be capital in 1st word, not 2nd word, etc.
Can we write all words in capitals only?
For 3 words answer, can we just write one word answer?
For True/False, can we write TRUE/FALSE or True/False or even true/false is also fine.
These are some of my doubts.
Guys, please share your experience, please...
Thank you!

Tarun1306

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019

EtaG

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
I received the message the Indicative score.. To my registered mobile number!!
Thank you for your reply. They’re doing some quality check that’s why not releasing my result. Don’t know what they are doing. It’s so much stressful and frustrating to wait for result and they do not understand the urgency. ☹

Ivaturi99

Oct 12, 2019
Thank you for your reply. They’re doing some quality check that’s why not releasing my result. Don’t know what they are doing. It’s so much stressful and frustrating to wait for result and they do not understand the urgency. ☹
Ohh okies stay positive.. Mean while keep checking idp site for your results.. I believe all the checks will be done before 24 hrs once the scheduled results day is passed.. I got to check my results today they were not reflecting on the website yesterday!!

Reactions: EtaG
Oct 12, 2018
Section 1

1.Fully Booked: Italian
2. Available in the evening: All three
3. Beginner: Thai
4. Discount: French
5. Native country: French

6. Furness
7. 16th October, 1957
8. River Avenue
9. Messages
10. Cash

Section 2

1. Some parents gave up their roles B
2. Need to know the students enthusiasm C
3. The parents need to trained option A
4. Should deposit an amount A
Map Question
5. C
6. I
7. F
8. H
9. G
10. D

Section 3

1. Watch Times
2. Calm
3. 100 (meters)
4. Weather
5. Fishing boats
6. behaviour
7. (group) size
8.Sperm whale: B
9. Northern right whale C/A
10. Minke Whale A/C

Section 4

1. Health
2. Salary
3. Fresh Meat
4. Forests
5. King
6. Beer
7. Shipping
8. Desert Locations
9. Concentrated
10. Transport
What is your IELTS score in listening? I have written all these answers but my marks were extremely less.....

Shankar2012

Oct 12, 2019
Finally cleared and got my desired bands.. In 6 th attempt.

1st ATTEMPT LRWS-8 9 7.5 6.5- BC
EOR- NO CHANGE IN SCORES
2nd Attempt LRWS-9 8 7 6.5-BC
3rd Attempt LRWS- 7.5,7.5,7.5,6.5-BC
4th Attempt LRWS-8.5,8,6.5,7-IDP
EOR- No CHANGE IN SCORES
5th attempt LRWS-8 9 6.5 7-BC
EOR- NO CHANGE IN SCORES
(was offered free retest by British council due to frequent disturbances which occurred during my test which I complained but no luck with results.
6th Attempt LRWS- 8.5 8 7 7 - Idp 12th Oct

This has been a long story which started with my first attempt o. Dec 15 2018. With so many twists n turns.. Have achieved individual highest bands in all the modules but in different tests!! My first 3 attempts with BC had to face same speaking examiner thrice in a row.. Was kicking my self to find this world so small . However though she gave me 7.5 in speaking in the third attempt I lost by 0.5 in listening and ended at 7.5 bands where I needed atleast 8. Finally after these many attempts happy to see my ielts journey ending today!!

Just wanted to share my journey here resaon being I have read lot of stories abt their journeys in these threads.. Just wanted to say one thing dnt loose hope hard work pays and all it requires is a combination of hard work and self belief.. Also regarding EOR - all 3 eors didn't help me getting 0.5 added to band neither in writing nor in speaking.. I d say it's better to give a retest.. However follow ur gut feeling!! All the best everyone!!
Hi..
I am really inspired to read ur ielts journey..
Can u pls explain what they are basically looking in speaking , it's just the fluency and grammar or they really want us to add some connectors, idioms, phrases to get 7 bands..
Pls reply as I am appearing for 23 Nov..