+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

12 Months into the process and eligibility is still "not started"?

Sammy019

Jul 16, 2019
I called IRCC and they told me that my eligibility is "not started" even though I'm a week away from the one year mark (inland app). How is this possible? My account also clearly says that they are "reviewing eligibility". Anyone have any experience with this?

koolord

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
I called IRCC and they told me that my eligibility is "not started" even though I'm a week away from the one year mark (inland app). How is this possible? My account also clearly says that they are "reviewing eligibility". Anyone have any experience with this?
In exactly the same situation, the last update was in February,
the status was crime in progress, the eligibility check not started, and the security check not started.
12 months have passed.
I called IRCC and they just said that it is still being processed.

You never know what they are doing, the only thing you can do is wait. It's all in 2020, and I can't understand it.

Last edited:
Reactions: PrincessButtercup

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
In exactly the same situation, the last update was in February,
the status was crime in progress, the eligibility check not started, and the security check not started.
12 months have passed.
I called IRCC and they just said that it is still being processed.

You never know what they are doing, the only thing you can do is wait. It's all in 2020, and I can't understand it.
I am in a similar situation. I am a full 9 months in and still have the same message as Day 1 when I created my GCKey account ("We are reviewing your eligibility..."). I just received my request for medicals, and that was the first thing I had heard since the beginning of March. My background check has not started and I definitely have not received SA. Keep your head up and just keep playing the waiting game. It's all we can do, really. Good luck!