+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

12 month work experience or 24 month for CEC

tyatca

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hi, guys, I plan to apply for the CEC class after working in Canada for one full year. But after reading the criteria in CIC got confused and quite upset. I do not obtain my postgraduate degree in Canada, so should I wait for 12 month, or 24 month? The CIC website mentioned one-year experience, but some pdf document says 12 month is only for post-graduate (who obtained degree in Canada).

Look forward to any help from you guys, Thanks!

anto21

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-13
AOR Received.
11-09-13
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application
If you arrived in Canada as a skilled worker with a work permit , you don't need to submit foreign credentials ,
Canadian credentials are required only for Foreign students(post graduate work permit)) who are applying under cec , post graduate program is 2 years and needs one year of skilled work experience , thats if you are planing to apply under cec

tyatca said:
Hi, guys, I plan to apply for the CEC class after working in Canada for one full year. But after reading the criteria in CIC got confused and quite upset. I do not obtain my postgraduate degree in Canada, so should I wait for 12 month, or 24 month? The CIC website mentioned one-year experience, but some pdf document says 12 month is only for post-graduate (who obtained degree in Canada).

Look forward to any help from you guys, Thanks!

tyatca

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I arrived in Canada with work permit. But my question is I've worked here for only 12 month, whether I am eligible to apply under CEC. Some documents said it requires 24 months, so I got confused.

anto21

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-13
AOR Received.
11-09-13
IELTS Request
not at all its crystal clear on the link below
some of the pdf docs are out dated , link below is always upto date
start to prepare documents now
good luck

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

tyatca

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Yes, that's the webpage I got information only 12 month experience should be qualified for application. But it's strange that I did the eligibity test from CIC they suggest me to apply under family class. Does it mean I am not qualified under CEC?

anto21

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-13
AOR Received.
11-09-13
IELTS Request
depends how you filled the eligibility test , i cant speak for my self as i am not family class .
may be other members can clarify more .... :-\

tracytran

Star Member
May 25, 2013
Hi all, i'm on my pgwp right now, and waiting for my lmo that sent in august 28. my program just 14 months and i got pgwp for 14 months. Am I eligible for CEC or should i go with pnp? as you said i need to study 2 years and minimum 1 year exp to apply under cec.

tracytran

Star Member
May 25, 2013
my degree is MBA but my job offer is bookkeeper, entry level but is in skill B. is it not related to my degree?

tyatca

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
I think we are on different situation as you got the degree in Canada while I am not. So my major concern is whether my 12 month experience is enough or not.

anto21

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-13
AOR Received.
11-09-13
IELTS Request
doesn't necessarily have to be similar job as degree, but it has to be skilled level A or B for sure
tracytran said:
my degree is MBA but my job offer is bookkeeper, entry level but is in skill B. is it not related to my degree?

anto21

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-13
AOR Received.
11-09-13
IELTS Request
i think pgwp should be 2 years to qualify for cec and within that 2 years you need 12months of skilled work experience, you might have enroll in another program after 14months are done , hope some one can confirm from this forum
tracytran said:
Hi all, i'm on my pgwp right now, and waiting for my lmo that sent in august 28. my program just 14 months and i got pgwp for 14 months. Am I eligible for CEC or should i go with pnp? as you said i need to study 2 years and minimum 1 year exp to apply under cec.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
These are the only requirements for CEC right now.

You need to meet these requirements to apply under the Canadian Experience Class. You must:

-plan to live outside the province of Quebec
-have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) in Managerial jobs (NOC skill type 0), Professional jobs (NOC skill type A), Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B) in Canada in the three years before you apply,
-have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization
-meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening).
So have your 12 month experience in an accepted NOC job and most likely you will be eligible.

Vik1112

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF & Biodata 23-12-2013
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Request
24-12-2013
Med's Done....
06-01-2014 (eCAS received 02-02-2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa exepmt
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2014 (received in mail 05-02-2014)
LANDED..........
06-02-2014 at Peace bridge
tyatca said:
Thanks, so this means I may ignore the requirement in some document on CIC.
New CEC rules require at least 12 months of full time experience for all. There is no more student stream.