+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

12 month Full time experience CEC - variable hours allowed? -- See this case

visacoming

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Hi,

Here goes my situation:

Lets say for 7-8 months out of the 12 months required in canada under CEC - I worked like 38-40 hours a week at the NOC B job

However, for the last 4 months, lets say I get another part time job which is under NOC C(so experience wont count under CEC) --- HENCE I WORK 30 HOURS AT THE NOC B job and the rest I work for noc C

=================================

Is this allowed or will there be any problems?

Can anyone help me please? Thank you... :)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,

Here goes my situation:

Lets say for 7-8 months out of the 12 months required in canada under CEC - I worked like 38-40 hours a week at the NOC B job

However, for the last 4 months, lets say I get another part time job which is under NOC C(so experience wont count under CEC) --- HENCE I WORK 30 HOURS AT THE NOC B job and the rest I work for noc C

=================================

As long as you work 30 or more hours per week, you meet IRCC's definition of full-time. It makes no difference if it is 30, 40 or 80 hours on any given week, you are still full time. If you are paid an hourly wage instead of a salary, you do need a fairly accurate accounting of your hours so that your earnings information will be consistent, but other than that, it does not matter.

If you worked fewer than 30 hours for one or more weeks, you can still count it, but then it is part-time work and you have to account for it a bit differently.

Is this allowed or will there be any problems?

Whether or not it is "allowed" depends on whether you have an open work permit (yes, allowed) or closed (no, not authorized to do a 2nd job).