Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30/05/2016 Montréal, and became PR
ultra99 said:
I know this sound ridiculous, but is it a MUST to submit my application without IELTS scores and then submit the scores 4 days later?
I had a similar case. Submitted with IELTS but included only certified copy of TEF. Then submitted the original TEF fro France 10 days latter. Hope it works.

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Whistler said:
Folks,

My CC was encashed on Aug 9th. My doc's was recieved on Jul 6th.One down, some to go, and good luck to all!!!
Congratulations! Our days are nearby

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
richardo3 said:
Hi Himel - i applied with the correct documents, these were updated from last year as i sent my debit card details and not CC so the payment couldn't be processed and my applicationwas returned. I went with a BD this time round as felt is was more secure.
Hi did you have ample funds in the account hosting the debit card? I also applied with a VISA card debit card and have sufficient funds in the account to cover our fees. I have had payments made with this card by Oxford brooks university, and used the card details to pay for books to Kaplan in the UK. I am in Cameroon. Can this be a problem for CIC to encash?

richardo3

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
sango said:
Hi did you have ample funds in the account hosting the debit card? I also applied with a VISA card debit card and have sufficient funds in the account to cover our fees. I have had payments made with this card by Oxford brooks university, and used the card details to pay for books to Kaplan in the UK. I am in Cameroon. Can this be a problem for CIC to encash?
Hi - i'm afraid it cacn be yes. I had more than enough funds in there for the payment to be processed but when they put the card details into the machine there is likely to be an option for the card type i.e. a debit, visa, credit card and they ask for payment through a CC which is why mine wouldn't process through their machine and so was declined. Though i have heard of people using a debit card and it getting processed making me think its down to the person actioning the payment - i hate to say this but it could be down to luck. My agent sent me on the report from Canada which detailed the outcome and what happend. I hope yours gets processed but its by no means guarenteed whether you have the funds or not! Others may want to input on this but this is what happened for me, i and British and live in London but visa cards are visa cards whereever they are from i guess. I did also at the time ask my agent if i could send on a new card detail for my CC of even a bankers draft but this wasn't an option the pack was sent and adding on extra docuemnts was not an option, something i belive is still true, so those who have forgotten docuements such as these details or IELTS test result certificates will more than likely have their packs sent back as incomplete. Its harsh i know.

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sango said:
I think you shoul be ok, if your Visa debit card has enough CAD on it and if you have 3 digit security code on the back of the card. I used mine for IQAS credential assesment and it was ok. They also require credit card, but there was no problem with my debit Visa.

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
echoes1978 said:
I think you shoul be ok, if your Visa debit card has enough CAD on it and if you have 3 digit security code on the back of the card. I used mine for IQAS credential assesment and it was ok. They require credit card, but there was no problem with my debit Visa.
Thanks Echoes1978 for this useful insight. My VISA debit card has 3 digit security code which I included in the fee payment form. My availble funds are in CFA (XAF) which can be translated into CAD on payment day using the Fx for that day. I have had payments deducted in UK Pounds Sterling by giving the 3 digit. What does IQAS stand for?

zub2612

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Probably never.
I have provided my credit card details and spoken to the bank. They assured me that if CIC will charge, the transaction will go through. I have asked them to leave a note on the account as well. I am not using my card at all and checking it, online, constantly for any unauthorised transaction as well. We just need to make sure that enough balance is there all the times.

R

RKC

Whistler said:
Folks,

My CC was encashed on Aug 9th. My doc's was recieved on Jul 6th.One down, some to go, and good luck to all!!!
Congratz Whistler :)

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sango said:
Thanks Echoes1978 for this useful insight. My VISA debit card has 3 digit security code which I included in the fee payment form. My availble funds are in CFA (XAF) which can be translated into CAD on payment day using the Fx for that day. I have had payments deducted in UK Pounds Sterling by giving the 3 digit. What does IQAS stand for?
Well, when I was in Canada, I tried to pay something in Future shop with my debit card and I had problem because I had only euros on it. I would advise you to exchange the amount in CAD. Except if your bank is sure that you will have no problem than it is ok, but my bank advise me to exchange the money to CAD before sending the application to IQAS. IQAS is International Qualification Assesment Service, which is located in Edmonton. They charge 100 CAD for assesment of your diplomas + you pay other fees. It takes them 6 weeks to do the job.

richardo3

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
sango said:
Hi Sango - sorry but my debit card has a 3 digit security code on it ( i believe most do) and it was still not processed. I'm not trying to put you off in any way just tell you what happened as i too was told when i asked the same question last year that it would be absiolutely fine! I'd put it down to luck and hope it is processed.....

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should notify your credit card company that you will be making an unusual payment.
One reason that foreign payments are refused, is the assumption of fraud.

tocy80

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent on 16-07-2011; Received by CIO on 21-07-2011
Doc's Request.
All Docs sent with Application Deck
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.0 - Originals Sent with Application
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/consultations/fswp/workers.asp

proposed changes to FSW program!.....anyone went through this before?....from when will this be applicable?....any idea .... any one?

momad

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-May-2013
Hi grim reaper,

sorry it all looked well before posting but the columns got messed up once uploaded.

i had tracked most of the members on this forum and the dates their application was filed, the date the CC or BD was charged and the time gap between filing and being charged.

will try to upload again.

sweet_bambi

Jul 24, 2011
tocy80 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/consultations/fswp/workers.asp

proposed changes to FSW program!.....anyone went through this before?....from when will this be applicable?....any idea .... any one?
Old news.. at the end you will see this was discussed in February 2011.

grimreaper

Oct 24, 2010
momad said:
Hi grim reaper,

sorry it all looked well before posting but the columns got messed up once uploaded.

i had tracked most of the members on this forum and the dates their application was filed, the date the CC or BD was charged and the time gap between filing and being charged.

will try to upload again.
that is ok.. But most of the data were wrong.. CIC is still charging the 6th and 7th July apps.. you've shown as if the 8th july apps are charged as well...