Aug 4, 2011
UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navneet1983 said:
I agree... its going to be pretty crazy this time.. I strongly feel CIC should either.. and we have very less chance.. its like a race .. whose courier reaches first!

I strongly feel CIC should radically change its processes to either have -
- Have some lottery system (similar to US for H1) where all applications received say till 31st july will be elegible for the draw or lots. The current rule would lead to long lines in front of CIC office (of people living closer or willing to travel) and those outside
- OR atleast accept first 500 'eligible' applications (and not first 500 applications even if many of them are not eligible late) so that the ineligible applications are not chosen over eligible applications
- OR any other reasonable process which ensures that whose application gets accepted doesnt depend on what courier service we chose or what time and day we finally sent the application.
- AND update the website on time. Last year I (and many others) started the application process much after the cap was actually filled, all because they just were too busy or lazy to update their website. All effort gone waste!!

I also noticed the change in name and exclusion of definitions from 1122. My guess (rather hope) is that they would still include 1122 category as probebly they got a lot of marketing type profiles last time and they were rather looking for operational/strategic consultants!

Lets see what future holds.. hoping for the best and gud luck to all!!
Pretty soon they will be switching to another system which will be similar to new zealand's Expression of Interest based system or Australia's SkillSelect system that is starting from 1st july 2012. In both these systems you cannot apply for immigration directly, you have to register your profile on a website and then if you ever receive invitation from the respective immigration department, only then you would be able to apply. The examples of these two systems and Canada's aspirations to switch to such a system was mentioned by Canada's Immigration Minister in one of his recent address.

navneet1983

Star Member
Jul 21, 2011
For all those applying under 1122

I hope you all know that there have been certain changes in the category 1122 few months ago. I am pasting the relevant links below.

Please see below - the first link contains the notice regarding the change in the name of category 1122. If you see the two links below, the definition of the category and the list of designations has also been changed for 2006 NOC to 2011 NOC . All marketing/ advertising type roles have been excluded and the description changed accordingly. Marketing / Advertising roles have been included in a separate category.

www . cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/notice-changes.asp

www30 . hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=1122

www5 . hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=1122

1122 category only includes roles including analyzing the structure, operations, managerial methods or functions of an organization in order to propose, plan and implement improvements. They are employed by management consulting firms and throughout the public and private sectors or are self-employed

Please make sure you apply in the correct category to avoid any unnecessary rejection

Kanika78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2012
Hey guys!! is this the correct address for sending application for NOC 1122?

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
NOC category, AEO category or PhD category
Centralized Intake Office
47-49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

Also does anyone has a update on the NOC's? is noc 1122 still gonne be valid? is anyone sending application before July 1st? I am confused if i shud wait till July 1st or send it before that so that I dont miss the cap.

owlowl2005

Star Member
Feb 18, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2011
Doc's Request.
All sent with application
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted together with application (8.5 Band)
File Transfer...
17-10-2011
Med's Request
12-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Kanika78 said:
Hey guys!! is this the correct address for sending application for NOC 1122?

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
NOC category, AEO category or PhD category
Centralized Intake Office
47-49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

Also does anyone has a update on the NOC's? is noc 1122 still gonne be valid? is anyone sending application before July 1st? I am confused if i shud wait till July 1st or send it before that so that I dont miss the cap.
It's a waiting game. No one will be able to confirm whether NOC 1122 will be there or not come 1 July 2012.

Kanika78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2012
If someone is single/divorced, do they have to fill additional information form? also i am applying on my own..do i need to fill use of a representative

hsgulati

Jun 19, 2012
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2012
Kanika78 said:
If someone is single/divorced, do they have to fill additional information form? also i am applying on my own..do i need to fill use of a representative
NO to both your questions.. however, do remember to mention name of your ex-spouse at all the applicable places.. for eg. application form and family information form... also you would need to attach your marriage and divorce certificates with the package.

Hope this helps

owlowl2005

Star Member
Feb 18, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
17-10-2011
Med's Request
12-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
hsgulati said:
NO to both your questions.. however, do remember to mention name of your ex-spouse at all the applicable places.. for eg. application form and family information form... also you would need to attach your marriage and divorce certificates with the package.

Hope this helps
PAUSE on application (except PHD or with job offer) ...

wow, we all know that they are going to change, but never thought that they will hit the pause button ... for those who have prepared their application, you could improve your IELTS etc for Janury 2013.

sandip145951

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
hi guys am also victim of last year 1122 category,i have planed to send my application on 29 june but latest update says,
As of July 1, 2012, CIC has temporarily stopped accepting applications for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP). This temporary pause does not apply to those with a qualifying job offer or applying under the PhD stream. We will likely start accepting applications again when the revised FSWP selection criteria take effect. Proposed FSWP changes should come into force in early 2013.

so can any 1 tell that i have 2 wait till january 1 or quota open in this month only plz quote if any have any reliable source!!!!!!!

owlowl2005

Star Member
Feb 18, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
17-10-2011
Med's Request
12-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
sandip145951 said:
hi guys am also victim of last year 1122 category,i have planed to send my application on 29 june but latest update says,
As of July 1, 2012, CIC has temporarily stopped accepting applications for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP). This temporary pause does not apply to those with a qualifying job offer or applying under the PhD stream. We will likely start accepting applications again when the revised FSWP selection criteria take effect. Proposed FSWP changes should come into force in early 2013.

so can any 1 tell that i have 2 wait till january 1 or quota open in this month only plz quote if any have any reliable source!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, if you don't have job offer, you must wait until 1 January with the new rules. If you have job offer, you must send it as soon as you can since it's still open for people with job offer.

sandip145951

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
owlowl2005 said:
Unfortunately, if you don't have job offer, you must wait until 1 January with the new rules. If you have job offer, you must send it as soon as you can since it's still open for people with job offer.
Thax pal for replying,
Its sad to hear that coz my IELTS expires in march 2013!!!
What 2 do???????? :mad: :(

ali222

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
15-8-2011
Med's Done....
20-8-2011
Interview........
not
Passport Req..
ppr step 1 on 24 feb 2012 and step 2 28 march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
5 april 2012
LANDED..........
7 May 2012
Is any one live in calgary ? I need some information about working in calgary ! as I live in Surrey B.C and want to move where are more opportunities of jobs as in B.C there is no opportunities of job .

pyramid79

Jul 27, 2011
Hi everyone,

Almost an year ago, I was notified by CIO on 22-Nov-2011 that my documents has been returned back by regular postal service as the NOC# 1122 that I applied for has reached its limit. I need to know with whom i can check my documents status. I have sent several emails to CIO inquiry office on "CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry@cic.gc.ca" to find the exact status of my document. However their response was not satisfactory saying that its the responsibility of postal services to deliver the parcel to the address I provided to them. Now I am quite suspect about them that they might not be sending back the documents to applicant and for sure throwing them in the garbage to save their cost. Based on what I can ask post office to check the status of my letter without having any kind of reference from the sender. I located in Jeddah-Saudi Arabia and applied from here. Is there anyone was facing the same problem and find a way to trace his/her documents.

I really need help to get back my document..

Thanks & Regards

Aayan

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
pyramid79 said:
Hi everyone,

Almost an year ago, I was notified by CIO on 22-Nov-2011 that my documents has been returned back by regular postal service as the NOC# 1122 that I applied for has reached its limit. I need to know with whom i can check my documents status. I have sent several emails to CIO inquiry office on "CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca" to find the exact status of my document. However their response was not satisfactory saying that its the responsibility of postal services to deliver the parcel to the address I provided to them. Now I am quite suspect about them that they might not be sending back the documents to applicant and for sure throwing them in the garbage to save their cost. Based on what I can ask post office to check the status of my letter without having any kind of reference from the sender. I located in Jeddah-Saudi Arabia and applied from here. Is there anyone was facing the same problem and find a way to trace his/her documents.

I really need help to get back my document..

Thanks & Regards

Aayan
Its true that return documents from CIO takes time. Even in Canada the document from Sydney to Toronto takes more than a week.

On the other hand Saudi postal authorities are really the worst in the world. I know that in Jeddah some guys back in 1990s used to throw the cards that are sent by people from abroad..

I know a person in Riyadh he said he got the documents back after about 8 months apparently delayed by his delivery post office :( :(

Sep 12, 2012
I sent my application on July 1st. Today on 6th July it reached CIO Sydney. Mr DOUG signed delivery paper.
6 days for delivery with DHL. Too long if you ask me. How long would it take with Fedex?

It was strange, because yesterday I saw that application reached Halifax in the morning, so I expected it to be in Sydney on the same day, but instead, it was returned in Halifax today at 07:15 AM, and later today started to move again and reached CIO at 14:41 h.

Mr DOUG signed my application first time when it was returned last year, so I'm a bit scared he he. Just joking.

You Mention that Mr. DOUG signed your deliver paper, did you receive any further notification after? Is Mr. Doug in Halifax of Sydney Immigration Intake Officer or is he a Post receiver at Sydney Office? I'm little upset for my file, After I apply my file, I did not receive any thing from FSW Office since end of the March 2012. I don't understand what to do!! ???