+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

11 month CEC - confusing response from IRCC

mailman234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
I'm confused about this.

I started work on 26 October 2020.

I created an EE profile and selected "one year or more" for Canadian work experience.

But I'm planning to submit my EE profile on 27 October 2021, one day after hitting the full 52 weeks (my jobs have been full-time).

Am I missing something? My CRS will only be 431 when I hit one year. What do you guys suggest I do? I want to get an ITA before they start FSW draws but obviously I want to have a good chance of not being rejected.

SB16

Aug 17, 2021
I'm confused about this.

I started work on 26 October 2020.

I created an EE profile and selected "one year or more" for Canadian work experience.

But I'm planning to submit my EE profile on 27 October 2021, one day after hitting the full 52 weeks (my jobs have been full-time).

Am I missing something? My CRS will only be 431 when I hit one year. What do you guys suggest I do? I want to get an ITA before they start FSW draws but obviously I want to have a good chance of not being rejected.
Recreate your profile by selecting less then 1 year and submit it. You will still be eligible for CEC draws, don't ask how :). (You can read initial posts on this thread)

I am just like u, came to Canada a week before you came..created my profile in July by selecting less than one year. In Sep, I became eligible for CEC.

mailman234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Recreate your profile by selecting less then 1 year and submit it. You will still be eligible for CEC draws, don't ask how :). (You can read initial posts on this thread)

I am just like u, came to Canada a week before you came..created my profile in July by selecting less than one year. In Sep, I became eligible for CEC.
I'm not eligible when I select "less than 1 year". It gives me 0 points for it (I only get to 431 CRS with one year Canadian experience).

Did I do the wrong thing by making an EE profile now to submit when I hit one year???

Last edited:

haritosh82

May 31, 2020
USA
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-04-2020
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
I'm not eligible when I select "less than 1 year". It gives me 0 points for it (I only get to 431 CRS with one year Canadian experience).

Did I do the wrong thing by making an EE profile now to submit when I hit one year???
You may not even be qualifying for 67 FSW points... Read about it...You must qualify for atleast one program to get your profile admitted to the pool. I would suggest creating the profile a month before your 1-year completion. You should get eligible for both FSW and CEC when IRCC considers your one year experience.

haritosh82

May 31, 2020
USA
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-04-2020
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA

THere are 2 parts to it though...one is to have one-year exp counted by CEC using 1560 hours calculation. Other is 50 points for job offer which you only get if you answer YES to this question - Has the applicant been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year?
I guess you cannot answer yes to this until you complete 365 days...Some people have claimed these points and accepted ITA at the same time when they qualified for CEC...THere are mixed reviews about this so not sure what is the right way to go about it.

mailman234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
You may not even be qualifying for 67 FSW points... Read about it...You must qualify for atleast one program to get your profile admitted to the pool. I would suggest creating the profile a month before your 1-year completion. You should get eligible for both FSW and CEC when IRCC considers your one year experience.
That's correct, when I submitted my profile with one year as a test I got 67/431.

By the way, IRCC today sent me a message that answers the topic of this thread.

"Hi. We consider a year of work experience to be 12 complete months (for at least 1560 hours). Even if you meet the minimum hourly requirement sooner, you still need to show that you worked for 12 complete months."

samishere

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi friends,
I am on a closed LMIA work permit and have completed 1 year in the same job which got me the work permit and I'll continue to work in the same job based on the closed work permit clause, so should I also be claiming additional points under 'have valid job offer' section? If yes, then would I require a new job offer again from my employer as a proof in addition to the job reference letter?
OR am I not eligible to claim any points for this section for being on closed work permit? Pls advise. Thanks.

MauDec

Jan 3, 2022
if we create profile after 11 months, what do we select for Canadian experience? Less than one year or one or more years option?
Hi,
I’m in the same situation. Did you answer less or more than one year? Have you received the ITA?

Farmir

Jun 6, 2020
Hi,
I’m in the same situation. Did you answer less or more than one year? Have you received the ITA?
Hi,
You can answer more than a year when you create the profile, BUT you have to submit your profile after you have reached 52 weeks( one year experience)

Reactions: MauDec

laracroft0077

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Submit after finishing 1year and write a note. I got my pr .. got ite 11months submitted after 1year and employment letter and payslip after 1year

Reactions: MauDec

EngrDylan

Mar 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Got ITA for CEC in 11 months. Submitted after finishing 1 year without any note. Got approved and received COPR in 5 months.
Hi Bick,

I started my NOC B job last May 25, 2021, and last April 2, 2022, I was found eligible for CEC by the system. Technically, I will complete my 1560 hours (12 months of work) in May. If I get ITA before May, should I accept it and submit my PR application once I completed my 1560 hours since there is a 60-day deadline from ITA.

BickKuttoski

Feb 15, 2022
Hi Bick,

I started my NOC B job last May 25, 2021, and last April 2, 2022, I was found eligible for CEC by the system. Technically, I will complete my 1560 hours (12 months of work) in May. If I get ITA before May, should I accept it and submit my PR application once I completed my 1560 hours since there is a 60-day deadline from ITA.
Yes. It is always recommend to wait till you complete 12 months if you were picked as part of CEC.

shylaja2504

Jul 2, 2022
Hi everyone, I am currently on my 10th month of Work permit. I have my ICT work permit for 2 years. But my company is asking me to move back to US after one year, due to project timelines. I started working in Canada office from Sep 19 2021. I should be moving back by this september 2022. Do I stand a chance for applying in CEC after moving out of canada to USA(H1B Work permit). Will I be questioned why did I move out when i had valid WP. Please feel free to drop your opinion.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hi everyone, I am currently on my 10th month of Work permit. I have my ICT work permit for 2 years. But my company is asking me to move back to US after one year, due to project timelines. I started working in Canada office from Sep 19 2021. I should be moving back by this september 2022. Do I stand a chance for applying in CEC after moving out of canada to USA(H1B Work permit). Will I be questioned why did I move out when i had valid WP. Please feel free to drop your opinion.
Cec - you have to work in canada for 1 year

you are eligible under cec once you complete 1 year - it doesn’t matter if you are in canada or not after 1 year completion
No one is going to question on why you moved out - you are not a slave lol

Reactions: shylaja2504