+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

10th Draw Fingers Crossed - Hopefully CRS points go below 450

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
duster said:
Guys
Low score invitations will start from October-2015 onwards or may be from Jan-2016.The cut off will be standardized at 325 once the previous paperback system backlog is clear. Most of the VO are busy with the piled up paperback cases which were submitted before the commencement of EE. Once the processes are streamlined the score will eventually come down therefore CIC is strict with score and only inviting the people with PNP,CEC Class and having job offers.
i disagree - purely because i got my ITA under FSW. I don't have an LMIA or PNP.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
duster said:
Guys
Low score invitations will start from October-2015 onwards or may be from Jan-2016.The cut off will be standardized at 325 once the previous paperback system backlog is clear. Most of the VO are busy with the piled up paperback cases which were submitted before the commencement of EE. Once the processes are streamlined the score will eventually come down therefore CIC is strict with score and only inviting the people with PNP,CEC Class and having job offers.
Where did you get this info from?

duster

Aug 13, 2011
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
March 22/2019
AOR Received.
May 8/ 2019
Med's Request
Sep 10/2019
Med's Done....
Sep 24/2019
purplesnow said:
i disagree - purely because i got my ITA under FSW. I don't have an LMIA or PNP.
you must be having high scores in core factors. I was talking in perspective of low cut of score in bandwidth of 325-400 where most of the candidates are sitting. Only 700-1400 invitation is just like peanuts for CIC to process.It is not necessary whosever get ITA will be given PR there are always possibilities of drop outs in ITAs for various reason such as misinformation.The main problem which CIC is hoing through backlog of paperpback cases whose details are manual.

HB.Agenda2

Jul 18, 2011
duster said:
Guys
seriously...?? i think that is being overly ambitious... do you really think any country's immigration system would allow candidates to obtain Permanent Residence by accumulating merely 27% of the maximum allotted score? i doubt CIC will ever let it drop so low...

duster

Aug 13, 2011
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
March 22/2019
AOR Received.
May 8/ 2019
Med's Request
Sep 10/2019
Med's Done....
Sep 24/2019
HB.Agenda2 said:
seriously...?? i think that is being overly ambitious... do you really think any country's immigration system would allow candidates to obtain Permanent Residence by accumulating merely 27% of the maximum allotted score? i doubt CIC will ever let it drop so low...
yes because 325 is 54% of core factors besides meeting passing marks of 67 on FSW scale. Almost 600 marks are allocated for PNP and job offers.It will take ages to "Job Bank" be active and recruit people internationally

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
duster said:
you must be having high scores in core factors. I was talking in perspective of low cut of score in bandwidth of 325-400 where most of the candidates are sitting. Only 700-1400 invitation is just like peanuts for CIC to process.It is not necessary whosever get ITA will be given PR there are always possibilities of drop outs in ITAs for various reason such as misinformation.The main problem which CIC is hoing through backlog of paperpback cases whose details are manual.
bud, very few people who got an ITA will drop out. after all the work it takes to get this far?! as for misrepresentation, its possible of course but everyone is very very aware of the consequences so I'd guess that any misrepresentation done will be accidental, therefore not all that prevalent.
its not like peanuts to process. they have all the information at once now, they still need to do the same process to go through applications. the only thing this system does is cut down on waiting times for missing information.

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
bud, very few people who got an ITA will drop out. after all the work it takes to get this far?! as for misrepresentation, its possible of course but everyone is very very aware of the consequences so I'd guess that any misrepresentation done will be accidental, therefore not all that prevalent.
its not like peanuts to process. they have all the information at once now, they still need to do the same process to go through applications. the only thing this system does is cut down on waiting times for missing information.
I totally agree with you, Purplesnow.

HB.Agenda2

Jul 18, 2011
okbangaram said:
Makes perfect sense! actually :mad: :(

I mean, why would they conduct draws so quickly? What benefit would it give to them. They must have realized that people with good scores (700+) are taking time to enter the pool. If they conduct quick draws then the CRS score must come down which will not be of a benefit to Canada.

So, yeah, they will take as long as it takes to get around 1300 - 1500 number of candidates for ITA who also happen to get good scores(700+). All those who got through earlier rounds with low scores (453+) had everything in order and got rewarded for being proactive. Wish I was a little bit more proactive.

Anyways, I am really done with the whole thing. I am only going to check my email from MyCIC. If I get it then I get it, otherwise, will try for PNP or some other route. Looks like my earlier prediction failed.

All the best guys. Hope you get what your heart desires.
bye.
makes no sense at all if you look at it realistically... also 700 is not a good score by any means...

think of it this way... if your score is 755... which was actually the cut off for the last draw... your A+B+C is only a mere 155... think how poor must be the age, skill, education and language factors... just because this person has been nominated by a province or holds an LMIA which too he probably purchased from one of the hundreds of immigration consultants in Canada... he/she gets to hop the bus and the rest just keep waiting.... is this the kind of candidates CIC wants?/Canada needs? is this what we call economic immigration?

on the other hand i'm certain that the EE pool is flooded with 450+ candidates who are of the right age, right language skills, right skill sets and well educated and proper experience... these are the candidates who with an LMIA would have scored 950 - 1100+ points and would be the creme de la creme of the pool... unfortunately due to the lack of an LMIA or a PNP... all these candidates are regarded as unskilled/unworthy aspirants...

what a shame! what a poorly implemented system...

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HB.Agenda2 said:
makes no sense at all if you look at it realistically... also 700 is not a good score by any means...

think of it this way... if your score is 755... which was actually the cut off for the last draw... your A+B+C is only a mere 155... think how poor must be the age, skill, education and language factors... just because this person has been nominated by a province or holds an LMIA which too he probably purchased from one of the hundreds of immigration consultants in Canada... he/she gets to hop the bus and the rest just keep waiting.... is this the kind of candidates CIC wants?/Canada needs? is this what we call economic immigration?

on the other hand i'm certain that the EE pool is flooded with 450+ candidates who are of the right age, right language skills, right skill sets and well educated and proper experience... these are the candidates who with an LMIA would have scored 950 - 1100+ points and would be the creme de la creme of the pool... unfortunately due to the lack of an LMIA or a PNP... all these candidates are regarded as unskilled/unworthy aspirants...

what a shame! what a poorly implemented system...
This is just an opinion.. anybody can disagree with me and share his/her own views. :)

Though I am not feeling any happy about this to share with you, but anyways we need to accept this harsh reality.

pls check this post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/04/29/non-permanent-residents-canada-cibc-report_n_7173778.html

This is the purpose for which EE has been created..
There are presently more than 700,000 non-residents in Canada who are either on study visa (37.9%), work permit (49%) or on humanitarian/refugee ground (12.2%). This data can be checked from below link: http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2894934/original.jpg

Now, if we see this data, it becomes very clear the way EE has been designed. It will become advantageous for all these Non -PR canadians to get the extra 600 points under CEC/LMIA/PNP for whatever route they take.
And this might not be the case for foreigners who are applying under EE without LMIA/PNP/CEC.
Tt is obvious that one can get LMIA, but everyone knows how much difficult it is for a foreigner to get an LMIA while outland CANADA, while any non-PR canadian is more accessible to such resources to get LMIA.
Same holds true for PNP, if you closely check the criterias of PNP, mostly all of them have placed a heavy emphasis on someone having valid job offer/relative/previous study in the province... which again is not the case for any foreigner EE applicant applying outland Canada.
And CEC is definitely not the cup of tea for foreigners for sure.

Moreover, I have seen posts of few of non-PR EE applicant who said that they don't even bother to make ECA and let go away the points for education, simply because they make the entry with higher CRS due to LMIA / CEC / PNP.

In a nutshell, if we look at the EE draws and the outcomes of these draws even to be held in future, at least it seems that for the year 2015, there will be very less opportunities for foreigners to get ITAs at all.

And I am saying this is because of additional 600 points awarded to EE applicant having LMIA/PNP. I am sure most of the foreigner EE applicant will be losing the entire 600 points here, and so they will be solely relying on their Human Core Capital Points, while competing with the Non-PR Canadians who are scoring higher with the benefit of additional 600 points for either LMIA / PNP.

Can_US

Star Member
May 7, 2015
munjal

you are 100% very correct in your analysis.

This is disappointing for applicants from overseas for EE who cannot get jobs from abroad.

I mean to say guys like us from abroad have good work experience in other countries but are at disadvantage bcoz of LMIA, Canadian students and others applying for EE from inside Canada

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can_US said:
munjal

you are 100% very correct in your analysis.

This is disappointing for applicants from overseas for EE who cannot get jobs from abroad.

I mean to say guys like us from abroad have good work experience in other countries but are at disadvantage bcoz of LMIA, Canadian students and others applying for EE from inside Canada
:-[ :-[ :-[
However, I am not happy about this.. It is very sad and disappointing thing happening with all of us who are applying from Outland Canada with a wish/hope/dream that one day we will get PR of Canada and we will get an opportunity to live a better life and better prospects for our next generations, for our children.

Really really sad it is :(

pinkyshah

Apr 8, 2015
Munjal I guess u r right ..v all r living in false hopes of getting PR one day and the worst thing is there is no transparency in the system at all which makes our situation and future both vulnerable...: (

moamana82

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Visa Office......
cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02_09_2014
IELTS Request
sent with file
So are you saying to say bye bye to canadian dream
search australia or newzealand

CanadianDreams419

Mar 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So far 9852 ITAs issued, Average score is 651 and an average of 1095 ITAs issued per draw
. Of the selections so far 50.29% already had job offers so scored above 600. So far minimum score for ITAs issued without a job is 453 (so about 2352 selections or 23.87% of total applicants). The lowest score including a job so far has been 735 which we say in the 4th draw (meaning person only had 135 points and the other 600 came from a job).

The data seems to suggest they are trying to keep it 50/50 i.e. those with jobs and those without jobs.

The huge criticism is the lack of consistency in the selection dates, i know they will make draws as and when they have capacity to process ITAs in the signalled turnaround time. Having said that they established a trend of 2 draws a month and yet May saw only one draw.

The main reason i think the process lacks credibility is the lack of transparency into the pool. They can publish data like number of applications, mean, median and mode. These will let us know if we are wasting our time or not. Combine the opaque pool and the inconsistent draw dates... and we have a system that i must admit i am slowly losing confidence in.

The least than can do is signal whether they are doing a draw on the Friday or not?

But in all fairness... its their system and their objective is to create a perfect society from a skills base perspective...so they can pretty much do what they want / have to and we wait in the wings hoping to get selected