+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

10th draw doesn't happen tonight as we all thought

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinkyshah said:
Seems from now onwards only one draw per month
its possible. they said they aimed to do 15-25 draws. with 9 done they could do one a month from now on and reach that target.

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
purplesnow said:
its possible. they said they aimed to do 15-25 draws. with 9 done they could do one a month from now on and reach that target.
what, there is a max number of draws? where did you get that from?

Joey10

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There could still be a draw Today ? First draws were on a Saturday . Still May they usually have 2 a month

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ultra99 said:
what, there is a max number of draws? where did you get that from?
they announced it months ago. Google it you'll see immigration topics mentioning it. here, last line under "How does Express Entry work?"
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=961369

kindzu

Mar 26, 2015
pinkyshah said:
Guys one more bad news...Tenth draw doesn't happen as we all had expected. ,,It indirectly means CIC waiting for high rank candidates to increase so that they dont need to bring CRS down...if d draw had happened today it wud had showed d real picture or we cud have got a rare idea..Also they broker their trend of two draws a month

I'm thinking the same. However, there always other side of the coin. If they are not able to meet the cap of 25000 migrants for express visa by the end of the year, then by the end of the year express points will be reduced and will reduced significantly. I suspect in such case in can go to minimum as 250. But again this is if they are not able to meet the cap. If statistics shows they are constantly meet the cap proportionally per month then it will be different story. And don't forget this is just a seasonal spike, because 1 of April is the start of financial year in Canada. One - two months and point will be closer to 450.

nndutta

Apr 28, 2015
10th draw likely not to offer any great news for any of us who are without a job offer. Without sounding negative, I personally feel , the EEP-2015 is designed with a different objective in mind .. THIS IS NOT AIMED TO GET FOREIGN NATIONALS WHO ARE CURRENTLY NOT IN CANADA. This program is designed very smartly for people who are currently in Canada under various VISAs , mainly for student communities.

Canada offers 3 years of work right post any PG course , and Canada is cheaper than Australia or US for that matter. So we have a very large section of students who are already there in Canada . Canada is 7th most popular destination for international students. International student enrollment grew from 159,426 in 2003 to over 290,000 in 2013 ( + 84% ) .. Out of 290 K students , 55% belong to PG category and thereby qualifying for 3 years post work VISA. Canada derives $8B annually from international student expenditures including tuition and living expenses. This is no doubt a big business for Canada and they cant afford to let it go , hence they have to facilitate and keep some lucrative options for future students to enroll and the intake to grow YOY ..

Foreign nationals unless have a very strong network at Canada ( to manage PNP , Sponsorship etc.. ) DOES NOT STAND ANY REMOTE OPPORTUNITY EVEN to get through EEP-2015. Points are not going to climb below any further , the initial few draws bringing the score down to 455 , was a gimmick in that sense .. else the EEP would have invited lot many negative criticisms from all over the world. Now with every passing days , we all need to understand that we should all go back to our own work unless confident enough to manage a PNP or any offer through LMIA route ..

I am sorry , but this is what is likely the situation and a hard reality ..

HAILMANU

Star Member
May 19, 2015
No draw this weekend is very bad news for all of us below 700, if there is no draw next week then we can be reasonably sure that CIC are waiting for more high points people to join the pool before next draw :(

Jonty711

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HAILMANU said:
No draw this weekend is very bad news for all of us below 700, if there is no draw next week then we can be reasonably sure that CIC are waiting for more high points people to join the pool before next draw :(
I kinda agree with this. One can be optimistic and think the last draw took all the lmia holders, and the next will be non lmia people.

Only time will tell.

pinkyshah

Apr 8, 2015
Nndutta or reasoning is quite logical but still I somewhere feel they vl bring scores down by the end of the year at least to avoid criticism or else people vl loose faith in EE and stop applying.

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
I am sure they are just waiting to get people who have the second 600. They want to get almost 25000 people with this system. So far they have gotten almost 10000. No there are 7 months left and if they do one draw each month and get around 1500 people (PNPs and LMIAs), they will be able to fill the cap of 25000 without going below 600. And the reason they don't clarify their rules for this system is to be able to easily take advantage of people who want to do this.
I am really disappointed in their system. I made a mistake coming to Canada. The worst part is that at least if they were clear about what they want to do, there would not be so many people hoping and getting disappointed every friday and Saturday night. I hope that sometime, someone plays with their lives exactly like they do with ours and they cannot do anything.