+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

10Th DRAW??? Any Chances For Today.

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Guys,

Friday again while the CIC website was updating already yesterday.

So does it means that today is the D-Day again?

Tenth (10Th) DRAW? Any Chances For Today?

What your guess?

All The Best
K

sensay

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
I dont think we will have a draw today. Even if we do i dont see points coming below 500 because of the new introduction of OOPNP they wont bring the points lower. All they want is to apply for OOPNP so that they can get some money.

HAILMANU

Star Member
May 19, 2015
sensay said:
I dont think we will have a draw today. Even if we do i dont see points coming below 500 because of the new introduction of OOPNP they wont bring the points lower. All they want is to apply for OOPNP so that they can get some money.
I kind of agree I don't think there will be one today either just hoping. I have a question though on the OOPNP, wasnt this only introduced very recently like a couple days ago? And there's like a 3 month wait time? Therefor you wouldnt expect people with this to enter the pool for another couple months.

I've got personal experience with PNP, my employer sent off their prescreening application a while ago, government responded confirming receipt on March 31. Not further word since. I can't even send my own app until the employer approval comes back (although now im thinking maybe OOPNP maybe a better option for me cause Im at 500+ points (534)

sensay

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
HAILMANU said:
I kind of agree I don't think there will be one today either just hoping. I have a question though on the OOPNP, wasnt this only introduced very recently like a couple days ago? And there's like a 3 month wait time? Therefor you wouldnt expect people with this to enter the pool for another couple months.

I've got personal experience with PNP, my employer sent off their prescreening application a while ago, government responded confirming receipt on March 31. Not further word since. I can't even send my own app until the employer approval comes back (although now im thinking maybe OOPNP maybe a better option for me cause Im at 500+ points (534)
Its not about people coming from that section after 3+ months. If now the points get lower 450 or even lower 460, so people around 400-449 wont be bothering to go for this OOPNP...they might wait for the points to come down. So I think CIC will take time untill they get people with higher scores and eventually set the lowest limit to 500. Also keep in mind they are fluctuating the number of invitations. They never said per draw there will be 800 invites or something like that. So basically they are deciding on where to stop.

HAILMANU

Star Member
May 19, 2015
sensay said:
Its not about people coming from that section after 3+ months. If now the points get lower 450 or even lower 460, so people around 400-449 wont be bothering to go for this OOPNP...they might wait for the points to come down. So I think CIC will take time untill they get people with higher scores and eventually set the lowest limit to 500. Also keep in mind they are fluctuating the number of invitations. They never said per draw there will be 800 invites or something like that. So basically they are deciding on where to stop.
True, important to note also though that the OOPNP is just province specific (although admittedly Ontario is by far the biggest province). Is it probable do you think that the federal Canadian government would adjust their EE process and draw times based on one of the canadian provinces deciding to change their PNP process?

chechi_298

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2015
Passport Req..
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
12-11-15
Also worth considering the changes to MI regarding CEC candidates with non-continuous work experience has led to an increase in points for the affected candidates in the pool. It's been a wk since this adjustment has been made. Therefore, it wouldn't be such a crazy idea if CIC opts for a draw given this change. Even if it's a cec specific draw. Don't you think?

MG84

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-08-2015
Hi Chechi_298

Apologies for my ignorance, can you please briefly explain this change you are talking about ?

Thanks a lot in advance !

MG84

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-08-2015
Secondly Guys !

Is it a good idea to withdraw existing profile and create a new one in order to be considered for a OO PNP ?

stubish

Jul 3, 2008
We're headed away from Canada for a few months in August.... if this draw doesn't get us in (437 here) we may hold out for a few more or withdraw and try our luck when we get back. Traveling is not conducive to getting all your documents sorted :)