+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1095 days after 5 years what happened next?

ahmad27

Jun 2, 2012
Hi Friends,

Kindly advise me, I already submitted my citizenship application, in 30Aug,2011, after completed 1125 days in last 5 years, becas I could not get the proper 1095 in last four years, due to job in middle east, my file already transfered to Mississauga CIC office,in April 2012, and I got Fingure print letter from cic mississauga, which I submitted electronically last month, and I confirmed from CiC Mississauga they received,
Please looking ur experience and advise, this is possible, when I have completed 1125 days in 5 years, and I was completed the basic requirement, and my job system I go for job in middle east for one month and other month come back to home mississauga, and family is already Canadian national and living in mississauga, what you expect I can get the citizenship, I am elgible or not? is there exemptions allowed me? ow long time I have to wait for citizenship? looking your reply please,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - you're not eligible for citizenship. You need 1095 days of physical presence in Canada in the last four years. It doesn't matter that your family is here and there is no such thing as 'basic residence'. You need to meet the 1095 day physical requirement to qualify.

You should expect your citizenship application to be eventually refused. It would probably make sense to withdraw your application and wait until you actually qualify to apply.

ahmad27

Jun 2, 2012
scylla please can you send me your email address, I wish to get some more suggestions, I tried to send the post in detail, but when i click the post, then one error message come, sorry you are not eligible to post the link,

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
ahmad27 said:
scylla please can you send me your email address, I wish to get some more suggestions, I tried to send the post in detail, but when i click the post, then one error message come, sorry you are not eligible to post the link,
Hi,

You can even PM (personal message) through this forum to scylla ,after making some more posts (around 10-20)in that case your PM option will be enabled .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please don't send me a PM. Please ask any additional questions you have on this forum. That way other experienced members can answer as well and others in similar situations can benefit from the answers you are provided. Thanks in advance.

ahmad27

Jun 2, 2012
you see the Exceptional circumstances at this cic web page, cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals citizenship policey
5.9 B Exceptional Circumstances

ahmad27

Jun 2, 2012
ahmad27 said:
you see the Exceptional circumstances at this cic web page, cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals citizenship policey
5.9 B Exceptional Circumstances
please experienced friends waiting your reply regarding above matter,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want to apply with exceptional circumstances, you will need an appointment with a citizenship judge to prove why you should get citizenship without having to follow the same rules as everybody else.

Getting that appointment will probably take a lot longer than if you had applied for citizenship in a normal way with your 1095 days and you could be denied.

Now, you have already applied so you'll just have to let your application roll and see what happens.

ahmad27

Jun 2, 2012
Leon said:
If you want to apply with exceptional circumstances, you will need an appointment with a citizenship judge to prove why you should get citizenship without having to follow the same rules as everybody else.

Getting that appointment will probably take a lot longer than if you had applied for citizenship in a normal way with your 1095 days and you could be denied.

Now, you have already applied so you'll just have to let your application roll and see what happens.
Thanks Leon,
Kindly Can you give me any contact or address email, where i contact to get proper advise, regarding my case, and the I decide to withdraw my application or keep continue? also all other experience experts waiting ur advise, also if any body face same situation, please share experience, if some one used "Exceptional circumstances" please guide me. Thanks

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dude, NO one will help you when you are trying to outsmart the system and make your own rules, people are polite here to tell you in your face, you are just waisting your time, the government time and everybody on this, its 3 years in 4 period. Pull your application, collect the right time then apply again, stop asking people for there phone numbers, NO one can do anything for you or bend the law.

ahmad27

Jun 2, 2012
basharar said:
Dude, NO one will help you when you are trying to outsmart the system and make your own rules, people are polite here to tell you in your face, you are just waisting your time, the government time and everybody on this, its 3 years in 4 period. Pull your application, collect the right time then apply again, stop asking people for there phone numbers, NO one can do anything for you or bend the law.
Sorry for disturbing of you, actually there is rule, that is called "Exceptional Circumstances" which apply to some specific cases, in which is mine, I know my days are short, there is some reason, which i explained above, just I was mentioned if some one faces same situation, please share with me, kindly try to read the rules, cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/cp/cp05-eng.pdf (5.9 B Exceptional Circumstances) thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ahmad27 said:
Thanks Leon,
Kindly Can you give me any contact or address email, where i contact to get proper advise, regarding my case, and the I decide to withdraw my application or keep continue? also all other experience experts waiting ur advise, also if any body face same situation, please share experience, if some one used "Exceptional circumstances" please guide me. Thanks
You can try contacting CIC for an opinion:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/index.asp

If you want advice independent of CIC, then you can try someone like immigration attorney David Cohen who pays for the servers that house this forum.

I would withdraw the application and wait until you have sufficient days. In all of the reading I've done on this and other forum, I have yet to see a case where the "exceptional circumstances" explanation was accepted when the person was more than a few days short (few = less than 10). Judges are expecting people to meet the residency requirement and are refused them if they do not. As Leon suggested, I think you're in for a long wait to see a judge at which point your application will be refused and you'll have to start again from scratch. But it's obviously your call.

ajslp

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
I doubt judge would approve the case. Not being able to complete the 1095 physical residence requirement due to a job in middle east is not an Exceptional circumstances. The case could be made if there were only few days short. Job in middle east is a choice. If it is a Canadian government job, you can make a case. The best option is apply when the days are complete. Otherwise you might find out you need to reapply in another 3-4 years. But at the end of day, you will have to decide if you want to take chances.

ahmad27

Jun 2, 2012
ajslp said:
I doubt judge would approve the case. Not being able to complete the 1095 physical residence requirement due to a job in middle east is not an Exceptional circumstances. The case could be made if there were only few days short. Job in middle east is a choice. If it is a Canadian government job, you can make a case. The best option is apply when the days are complete. Otherwise you might find out you need to reapply in another 3-4 years. But at the end of day, you will have to decide if you want to take chances.
Thanks for your valuable advise, I am confuse, But I am thinking to withdraw my application, because i could not get the any same experienced person, this is my bad luck,