+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

10 th draw lets B Positive

HAILMANU

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Re: 10 th draw No Hopes Group

They will eventually, just predicting the timing is very hard and frustrating!

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015

cryptic said:
Cutoff has not dropped below 453. I think for future draws 700+ points is mandatory. Canada is only looking for high quality candidates for PR.
if they are looking for high quality candidates, they have to choose people with points in the range 450 to 600.

VJ2015

Mar 13, 2015

I did not really expect 9th draw will have `1300 applicants from score ` 700 and above. And pool has already applicants in the range of 450 and above if not soon it may have.
However if some one can share his/her experience on getting arranged job offer that may help others.
Anyways as long as CIC continues to conduct draws we can have hope else Canada dream is nope

sunnyvin

Nov 29, 2014

ButterflyChemist said:
Why would you start a thread with such a pessimistic title?
noo don't take it literally ..... agreed could have defined humor better but hope everyone gets ITA

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015

cryptic said:
How so? Sub 700 applicants are low score with no valid job offer (i.e. won't fill a job Canada needs). They primarily have 3rd world quality education, barely passable english, and will thus have difficulty finding work in Canada and assimilating. How is that a quality applicant? 700+ applicants will immediately fill a job that Canada needs. Their score minus 600 points for job offer is not indicative of quality, as who would waste money on ways to increase points with job offer?
so what about international students working with open work permits which doesnt require LMIA? Most of them have high paying jobs and its difficult to get LMIA. Are they not well qualified candidates?

aguedaK

May 23, 2015

cryptic said:
Cutoff has not dropped below 453. I think for future draws 700+ points is mandatory. Canada is only looking for high quality candidates for PR.
Not only high quality but also for those whose occupations are in demand. Although the EE process is not occupation specific, indirectly, the LMIA is the Canadian government's way in how to filter the candidates with occupations they need the most. This way, foreign nationals can not get jobs away from their citizens and permanent residents.

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

aguedaK said:
Not only high quality but also for those whose occupations are in demand. Although the EE process is not occupation specific, indirectly, the LMIA is the Canadian government's way in how to filter the candidates with occupations they need the most. This way, foreign nationals can not get jobs away from their citizens and permanent residents.
But don't forget that so many occupations are regulated and most of it used to be in demand all the times like physicians, engineers, dentists , pharmacists and nurses .. so they can't get a job offer as they r not in possession of license to practice .. so LMIA can't be the right tool for addressing market shortage .. It might be a good tool for showing how some people cares about sorting things out for their relatives overseas.. i'm offshore but can't understand how a graduate student in Canada worked there for a year or 2 can't meet their standards and an overseas one can!!!

TRUENORTH_4M_C2C

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Ottawa

cryptic said:
what are u referring to High quality here?

wifedoctor

Apr 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
02-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015

TRUENORTH_4M_C2C said:
what are u referring to High quality here?
Never mind him, he's an inflammatory member running around the forum curbing enthusiasm lol

a 100 point applicant with zero english and a lmia job is hardly "high quality". I don't mean to be degrading to anyone, but we must stop judging each other, we are here to help each other. Drop the sense of entitlement and literally join the pool.