+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 year work experience with frequent layoffs(CEC)

rishabhsahejpal

Jul 3, 2021
Hi guys,

Currently, I have been working with a automotive company through an emplyment agency(contract position). I am almost about to complete 1 year of cumulative work experience.

I had 4.5 months of experience from previous job from 2019. And the next 7.5 months from my current job. But it took me almost 13 months to get those 7.5 months of experience. The thing was due to COVID, there was frequent shortage of work and I was laid off frequently. So, I have frequent gaps in work. But I have been calculating full time experience for the weeks in which I have worked.

How can I put that in my file? Should I attach all paystubs in order for the 7.5 months? Do I need to attach anything else?

Another thing, there were 2 weeks(last week of 2020 and first week of 2021), where the only pay for each week was statutory pay(2 days in one week and 1 in another). Am I allowed to add that to work experience?

Thank you for the help.

sidcome

Jul 28, 2020
Hi guys,

Currently, I have been working with a automotive company through an emplyment agency(contract position). I am almost about to complete 1 year of cumulative work experience.

I had 4.5 months of experience from previous job from 2019. And the next 7.5 months from my current job. But it took me almost 13 months to get those 7.5 months of experience. The thing was due to COVID, there was frequent shortage of work and I was laid off frequently. So, I have frequent gaps in work. But I have been calculating full time experience for the weeks in which I have worked.

How can I put that in my file? Should I attach all paystubs in order for the 7.5 months? Do I need to attach anything else?

Another thing, there were 2 weeks(last week of 2020 and first week of 2021), where the only pay for each week was statutory pay(2 days in one week and 1 in another). Am I allowed to add that to work experience?

Thank you for the help.
you can not add holidays in your work experience