+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 year work experience - 6 months in Canada and work experience in a foreign country

Discussion in 'Express Entry / Expression of Interest' started by gurzil, Aug 13, 2019.

  1. Hello all,

    My question is pretty straight forward:

    Can you combine work experience in Canada with work experience in a foreign country to add up to a full year of continuous full-time work or more?

    I would like to know if the Express Entry agent would take into consideration work experience done in Canada if it is less than 1 year.

    Thank you.
  2. You cannot combine foreign and Canadian work experience.
    To be eligible under EE you need 1 year full time continuous foreign work experience at minimum
    To be eligible under EE you need 1 year full time Canadian work experience at minimum

    Work experience is one of the eligibility criteria IRCC officer looks into specifically when it comes to approving an application
    gurzil likes this.
  3. Thank you for the quick answer.
    Do you think my 6 months work experience in Canada would be of any help if I mention it in my application?
  4. Can I use it as work experience for Federal Skilled Worker work experience requirements?
  5. It won’t be much of a help tbh

Share This Page