+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 year work experience - 6 months in Canada and work experience in a foreign country

gurzil

Aug 13, 2019
Hello all,

My question is pretty straight forward:

Can you combine work experience in Canada with work experience in a foreign country to add up to a full year of continuous full-time work or more?

I would like to know if the Express Entry agent would take into consideration work experience done in Canada if it is less than 1 year.

Thank you.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello all,

My question is pretty straight forward:

Can you combine work experience in Canada with work experience in a foreign country to add up to a full year of continuous full-time work or more?

I would like to know if the Express Entry agent would take into consideration work experience done in Canada if it is less than 1 year.

Thank you.
You cannot combine foreign and Canadian work experience.
To be eligible under EE you need 1 year full time continuous foreign work experience at minimum
Or
To be eligible under EE you need 1 year full time Canadian work experience at minimum

Work experience is one of the eligibility criteria IRCC officer looks into specifically when it comes to approving an application

Reactions: gurzil

gurzil

Aug 13, 2019
You cannot combine foreign and Canadian work experience.
To be eligible under EE you need 1 year full time continuous foreign work experience at minimum
Or
To be eligible under EE you need 1 year full time Canadian work experience at minimum

Work experience is one of the eligibility criteria IRCC officer looks into specifically when it comes to approving an application
Thank you for the quick answer.
Do you think my 6 months work experience in Canada would be of any help if I mention it in my application?

gurzil

Aug 13, 2019
Thank you for the quick answer.
Do you think my 6 months work experience in Canada would be of any help if I mention it in my application?
Can I use it as work experience for Federal Skilled Worker work experience requirements?