+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 year course before supply chain management

Vidhey1707

Mar 28, 2020
Hi guys i am civil engineer , looking to shift my career into Supply chain management , so i want to know which course should i pursue before supply chain management (which i am keeping for my 2nd year as final course) so that it will increase my job opportunities and skills need in SCM ,
MY preference were
1. Construction project management ( as i have bachelor's in civil engg)
2. Operations management.
3. International business management.

Please help me out i need to file the application asap

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
Hi guys i am civil engineer , looking to shift my career into Supply chain management , so i want to know which course should i pursue before supply chain management (which i am keeping for my 2nd year as final course) so that it will increase my job opportunities and skills need in SCM ,
MY preference were

Buddy !!!
I thoroughly think, you should pursue construction project management as that is in complete alignment with your past education. Chances for a study permit approval are no doubt better if you do so.

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
MY preference were

Also, I am aware about a 2 years graduate certificate program offered by St. Claire College in Windsor, Ontario… they offer a 2 years program in supply chain management.
But yeah looking from a visa officer’s perspective… it’s better if you opt the construction project management program as your 1st course in order to get an approved study permit

Vidhey1707

Mar 28, 2020
Also, I am aware about a 2 years graduate certificate program offered by St. Claire College in Windsor, Ontario… they offer a 2 years program in supply chain management.
But yeah looking from a visa officer’s perspective… it’s better if you opt the construction project management program as your 1st course in order to get an approved study permit
sorry i forgot to mention i have 2 yrs of experience as operations executive also , so for that reason i was thinking of going for Operations management in 1st year and Supply chain in 2nd year ( both courses from fanshawe)

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
sorry i forgot to mention i have 2 yrs of experience as operations executive also , so for that reason i was thinking of going for Operations management in 1st year and Supply chain in 2nd year ( both courses from fanshawe)
In which type of company did you work ? If the work done by that company is somewhat related to civil engineering, though you worked as operations executive. Then in that case your profile seems super solid to me and your plan is also quite good to do both the courses from Fanshawe

Vidhey1707

Mar 28, 2020
In which type of company did you work ? If the work done by that company is somewhat related to civil engineering, though you worked as operations executive. Then in that case your profile seems super solid to me and your plan is also quite good to do both the courses from Fanshawe
Unfortunately it was not civil company it was a health & pharma company which made ayurvedic cosmetic and health products

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
Unfortunately it was not civil company it was a health & pharma company which made ayurvedic cosmetic and health products
I think someone more professional can guide you much better in this case… in my opinion: construction project management matches with your past qualification & operations management matches with your past work experience…
Are you consulting some agency ? Or somebody who has gone through this type of situation can give a more concrete advise.

Vidhey1707

Mar 28, 2020
I think someone more professional can guide you much better in this case… in my opinion: construction project management matches with your past qualification & operations management matches with your past work experience…
Are you consulting some agency ? Or somebody who has gone through this type of situation can give a more concrete advise.
well consulting agencies advise doesnt sound good to me they are advising very general courses like project management , international business management , i have approached various alumnis in linkedin from fanshawe but unfortunately they are not replying

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
well consulting agencies advise doesnt sound good to me they are advising very general courses like project management , international business management , i have approached various alumnis in linkedin from fanshawe but unfortunately they are not replying
If you could come up with a very clear and descriptive Letter Of Explanation, explaining your choice of course, also the reasons for choosing it & how that course is going to help you meet your career objectives, you are set for either of the above two courses then.
I hope you are academically sound ?

Vidhey1707

Mar 28, 2020
If you could come up with a very clear and descriptive Letter Of Explanation, explaining your choice of course, also the reasons for choosing it & how that course is going to help you meet your career objectives, you are set for either of the above two courses then.
I hope you are academically sound ?
yeah i have bachelors in civil with 7.49 cgpa with no backlogs , and the consultants told me that LOE and SOP will be taken care by them, thats not the issue they write SOP of so many students so they are experienced , one more thing if we do 2 courses of one year each in different specialization for eg, 1st year course in construction management and 2nd year Supply chain so would it expand my NOC jobs

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
yeah i have bachelors in civil with 7.49 cgpa with no backlogs , and the consultants told me that LOE and SOP will be taken care by them, thats not the issue they write SOP of so many students so they are experienced , one more thing if we do 2 courses of one year each in different specialization for eg, 1st year course in construction management and 2nd year Supply chain so would it expand my NOC jobs
See… as a matter of fact when you are applying for the PR, if you have a job in hand at that moment, only that particular job would be considered …
But nevertheless you will have more opportunities when searching for a job as you shall have a profile with both the courses

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
Your academic background is good, if you ask my personal opinion … I would have applied for construction project management & link it with civil engineering ( I would also link my past work experience in operations management with construction project management in a way that: since last 2 years, I have been looking after operations management, so in some way or the other it actually relates a bit with project management, if not directly but it definitely must have improved your management skills to carry out operations/projects )
What do you think about this idea ?
and I will also suggest you to not completely depend on your consultants when it comes to SOP, it’s you who knows yourself and your goals the best, so it’s better if you draft it initially and then get it professionally finalised by them.