+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 year ban

SHARNSEEHAT

Sep 19, 2016
Hi

I am a student here and got married when my husband was here as visitor. After getting our marriage certificate we went on Canada us border to apply for open work permit.

But there while varifying our marriage they checked our location. As our location was same so they didn't pointed out anything on our marriage. But as my husband use to go to his brother's company to help him out, they found that location and pointed out that he is working while being on visitor Visa and he cannot work in Canada as a visitor.

As we were not able to satisfy them, while saying that it's just a mistake they banned my husband for one year. And said. That he can apply after 6 months but cannot enter Canada for one year.

In January 2020 we applied for his work permit and got rejected based on that they feel he will not return back to home country, because they are not satisfied with purpose of coming Canada and don’t have good financial background. They also mentioned that we can reapply if we don’t find this reason correct.

My question is What should I do now? According to the situation what is the possibility of my husband to come back to Canada?

Thank you

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Given he was caught working illegally and banned from Canada for a year, his chances are probably less than 50/50.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

I am a student here and got married when my husband was here as visitor. After getting our marriage certificate we went on Canada us border to apply for open work permit.

But there while varifying our marriage they checked our location. As our location was same so they didn't pointed out anything on our marriage. But as my husband use to go to his brother's company to help him out, they found that location and pointed out that he is working while being on visitor Visa and he cannot work in Canada as a visitor.

As we were not able to satisfy them, while saying that it's just a mistake they banned my husband for one year. And said. That he can apply after 6 months but cannot enter Canada for one year.

In January 2020 we applied for his work permit and got rejected based on that they feel he will not return back to home country, because they are not satisfied with purpose of coming Canada and don’t have good financial background. They also mentioned that we can reapply if we don’t find this reason correct.

My question is What should I do now? According to the situation what is the possibility of my husband to come back to Canada?

Thank you
It was not a mistake. He didn't go to "help out"; he was working illegally and got caught.

He can try applying after the ban is up but as said above, given the fact that he worked illegally, his changes are low.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes, they considered it as volunteer if someone did not got any pay for that.
No, they don't consider it volunteer, hence why he was banned. If a person is normally paid to do the job, it is work even if they aren't paid.

SHARNSEEHAT

Sep 19, 2016
No, they don't consider it volunteer, hence why he was banned. If a person is normally paid to do the job, it is work even if they aren't paid.
I do not know about the others or what they usually think ... but in my case they did considered it as volunteer . May be it was just verbally as they said us. When we told them that he did not get any money for that then they said then it is volunteer work as he occupied the place of one of eligible person.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I do not know about the others or what they usually think ... but in my case they did considered it as volunteer . May be it was just verbally as they said us. When we told them that he did not get any money for that then they said then it is volunteer work as he occupied the place of one of eligible person.
If they had considered it volunteering, he wouldn't have been banned for illegal work.