+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 month left. Defer now or keep waiting?

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
Applied - 4th July
SDS
India
College needs visa to start.
no update as of now
should i wait and hope for a miracle
or defer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Applied - 4th July
SDS
India
College needs visa to start.
no update as of now
should i wait and hope for a miracle
or defer.
It is a personal choice. If you only get first stage approval there is still a risk of being denied so keep that in mind. This has happened to some people and they got the refusal while they had already been studying so many will likely lose money. If you only get first stage approval I would ask your school what happens if you get denied for the SP. Would you get a refund or lose your fees?

Odogwu_Nwoke

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
they do happen sir. i am generally optimistic. i filed 5 months early to be safe. yet nothing. it is very hard to have any hope these days.
I applied in June for a program starting in September. I've had to defer from September to January. Up till now though, my permit is yet to come. But I'm hopeful it'll arrive before my classes start on January 11.

Just keep being hopeful, and continue praying about it.

Reactions: rijol verma

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
I applied in June for a program starting in September. I've had to defer from September to January. Up till now though, my permit is yet to come. But I'm hopeful it'll arrive before my classes start on January 11.

u got aip? if u got aip then no worry

Samycage

Dec 20, 2020

Same here, applied in march, deferred to January intake in June, got AIP in September, did medicals in October, Got Document request letter for New LOA in October also, submitted that! But from then till now, No update.