+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 family 2 countries of residence question. btw PPR after SS :)

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi guys,

I have finally received the request to send our passports for COPR. thought I expected to receive an email rather than a request letter in the account. Anyway, happy happy!

BUT, they send us one letter for the family indicating the closest visa office. However one of the family members has always been residing in another country (medicals were done there). My question, how do we deal with two countries thing. Do they send two letters for different visa offices?

I have sent a CSE of course, but it takes 28 days for them to answer, while we have only 30days to submit our passports:(
Has anybody found themselves in the same or similar situation, please share how it went. Do we need to wait for them to reissue the request letter, or we can apply in our country first and just wait for a new letter for the one residing in the other country?

would appreciate greatly any insights. After three years of waiting I am a bit excited, lost and confused...

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
t
You will have to send an email to the visa office requesting that one dependents Visa/CoPR be issued in a different Visa office.
thanks for reply. I did yesterday and got a reply that we have to apply from one VAC, all docs in one package :((( Have you heard of cases when two letters for different visa offices were issued?

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
who is the primary applicant? you need to send passports to the primary applicant's visa office
I am the principal applicant and i applied from Asia. my daughter is in Europe, studying. And it is soooooo inconvenient for us now to get her back here for this procedure:(
Is there any rule or something where they say we cannot get visas in two different VO? or some other cases like mine. searched the forum for the key words, didnt get much... thanks for your help.

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
So this happened to me, When we applied for Canadian PR our family ( Primary Applicant, Spouse and Son ) were based in USA.
'During the process spouses H1B VISA in US expired and he moved to India.
For PPR we email our Visa Office ( Which is Ottawa) and explained the scenario.
VISA offices were split and Primary was sent to Ottawa and spose at new Delhi VO.

Hope this helps

Reactions: Lailina

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
So this happened to me, When we applied for Canadian PR our family ( Primary Applicant, Spouse and Son ) were based in USA.
'During the process spouses H1B VISA in US expired and he moved to India.
For PPR we email our Visa Office ( Which is Ottawa) and explained the scenario.
VISA offices were split and Primary was sent to Ottawa and spose at new Delhi VO.

Hope this helps
oh this is great! thank you! Now I know that it is possible!!! I will email my visa office again and beg them. thank you!!!

shaheersinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
16th Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
No request
Med's Request
29th May 2016
Med's Done....
6th May 2016
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
25th July 2016
LANDED..........
Scheduled on 12th Aug
C
Hi guys,

I have finally received the request to send our passports for COPR. thought I expected to receive an email rather than a request letter in the account. Anyway, happy happy!

Congrats for the PPR. Please pray for our souls too. :(

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
oh this is great! thank you! Now I know that it is possible!!! I will email my visa office again and beg them. thank you!!!
Also ask them to extend the deadline for few weeks so that you can submit documents at each location. Also keep in mind that process of splitting VO's took 6 weeks for me

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Also ask them to extend the deadline for few weeks so that you can submit documents at each location. Also keep in mind that process of splitting VO's took 6 weeks for me
oh great, thanks for the hint. I think that is why they refused to split. It looks like a trouble for them too.
thanks once again for sharing!