+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 diploma + 1 degree = 1 post-sec credential only?!

crystloud

Jan 31, 2015
gary.bhanot said:
Hi guys,

I had this confusion for a long time and I after some research and advice from senior people on this forum and friends who have already got through EE. I have added 2 levels of education. Keeping in mind to avoid any kind of misinterpretation(although CIC is the one who should be blamed for this)

First, I added my bachelors degree which came out to be equivalent to Canadian bachelors 4 years. For this credential i have added Bachelors Degree as the Level of education and this is what is written on my ECA report.

Second, I added my post secondary diploma which i did from Canada and it doesnt require ECA. So, i have added Level of education as one year post secondary diploma and highest level of education as 2 or more degrees/diplomas option and i see i have got full 128 points.

With this setup it seems i haven't misinterpreted anything and i am getting all the points i deserve. Just as a caution, when it comes to education points sometimes CIC takes a little longer to update. Lemme know what you guys think about it.

Overall Score 444
CRS - Human Capital - Age 110
CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education 128
CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency 116
CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience 40
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education 50
Can you please let me know where I can select "highest level of education"? there is only "level of education".

Ca85

Apr 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Gary,

Please I would like to ask you about the level of Education for EE. I have two diplomas, the first is 3 years long and the second is two years long. I did ECA report, and the REPORT SUMMARY mentioned 3 Year diploma only.

However, In the credential Analysis; they mentioned both of my qualification, and both r recognized in Canada as
3 year Canadian diploma
2 year Canadian diploma

My lawyer said no, I can't choose two qualifications because my report summary does not show two qualifications.

Please I need your help if you can help with any information you might have? I am aware of the CIC definition of the two or more qualification.

Please help if you know someone who got his/her PR through EE with two qualification.

let me hear fro you. Thanks

haceeb

Feb 8, 2015
In which case you can use "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

ECA report only states highest credential

If 2nd credential is mentioned in analysis can we use above mentioned option?

rickyufv

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th, 2015
Doc's Request.
July 16th, 2015
AOR Received.
July 5th, 2015
Hi Gary and Ca85,

So here is my story. I have a Bachelors from India and I have received ECA report equivalent to Bachelors(4 years). Also I have a Bachelors from Canada. I have selected Two or more post secondary credentials with one at least 3 years or longer. I have not submitted my application yet as this issue is concerning me.

IMO, why CIC gave that option in the dropbox is because if any individual has two credentials(highest level). Otherwise, there is no point of choosing that option. What are your thoughts?

Brenna

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
Hi,

I have a Bachelor's degree. Apart from that my diploma was recognized by WES as "Completion of Second Undergraduate Major"
Does "Completion of Second Undergraduate Major" fall under any of the below education to claim for " Two or more post-secondary credentials"

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Graduate Certificate
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
Study Toward a Master's Degree

Thanks,
Brenna

Reactions: jrohit18

rifsim1216

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Hi ,

Even i am confused.

I completed Bachelors from back home 4 years degree. (2007-2011). degree evaluated by WES.
then did 2 years of PG diploma over here in Canada (2012-2013)

I selected the option "Two or More Degree"

Is it correct.?

any answers ..its very confusing

Chirag0389

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Hi,

I have done my 3 yr graduation from India and got my ECA last week showing 3 yrs of Canadian degree equivalence. I have also done 2 yr PG diploma from Toronto. Now technically I have 2 or more education degree one >= 3 yrs. While selecting options for each education I chose 3 yr and 2 yr and system awarded me with 120 points. Please help me, for which education should I select 2 or more degree?

Please anyone who faced this issue assist me with my query asap.

Regards.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
same issue....

where to add 2 or more degrees option?
I have bachelors eca evaluated.
and 1 year post grad from canada.
And there is no option to select highest level of education.

So what to do?

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
same issue....

where to add 2 or more degrees option?
I have bachelors eca evaluated.
and 1 year post grad from canada.
And there is no option to select highest level of education.

So what to do?

karan_singal123

Jul 28, 2013
Dear All,

I too have a same Question, i have done Diploma In civil engineering from India in after 10 + 3, and than i have completed Bachelors degree from india. so technically i'v 2 or more degrees and diploma, i.e 1). Diploma in civil engineering, 2). Bachelors in Civil Engineering, What Should i mention in EE profile, (two or more certificated, Diplomas and degrees one must be for a program of three ormore years)

Bandy_GB

Jun 14, 2015
Hey,

Can anyone tell me what would be the " three year undergraduate programme " given by WES stand in the CSR system while calculating points.??

:)

canvis1

Jun 24, 2015
Hi heysoulsister
Thanks for posting this topic, I am at same situation that you have posted. I have 1 diploma and 1 degree. I got assessed by WES for both diploma and degree.

My WES report shows as at first header "Canadian Equivalency: Bachelors degree (4 years)", then Canadian equivalency for diploma is "High school diploma and Diploma (two years)" and for degree is "Bachelors degree (4 years)".

Could you tell me that is this equal to "Two or more Canadian post-secondary degrees or diplomas or equal (at least one must be for a program of at least three years) ".

Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canvis1 said:
Hi heysoulsister
Thanks for posting this topic, I am at same situation that you have posted. I have 1 diploma and 1 degree. I got assessed by WES for both diploma and degree.

My WES report shows as at first header "Canadian Equivalency: Bachelors degree (4 years)", then Canadian equivalency for diploma is "High school diploma and Diploma (two years)" and for degree is "Bachelors degree (4 years)".

Could you tell me that is this equal to "Two or more Canadian post-secondary degrees or diplomas or equal (at least one must be for a program of at least three years) ".

Thanks.
Your Canadian equivalency is what shows up at the top of the page - in your case it is Bachelors Degree and that's what you'll have to choose while setting up your EE profile.

Read more about ECA here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

All the best!

gary.bhanot

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
NOCA2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hey SoulSister and Canvis1,

If your Foreign degree is assessed as Canadian 4 years bachelors, then you put bachelors in your foreign degree and when you put your canadian education, select 2 or more degree option. I had also selected this and i have already got my passport request. So, i believe this is the way to fill in. There was another thread on this forum where somebody had emailed CIC and they confirmed it as well.