+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 day error on Physical Presence Calculator

nnkk20

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Hello, we just realized we made a slight error on my wife's physical presence calculator for one of her trips to the US. She came back to Canada on March 2 and in the calculator we said March 1 (only one day difference). We found out as we found the flight itinerary after we had already sent in the application package.

We have our test/interview next week. Not sure if we should just ignore it or tell the interviewer upfront that she made a mistake on the physical presence calculator?

Any advice?

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Hello, we just realized we made a slight error on my wife's physical presence calculator for one of her trips to the US. She came back to Canada on March 2 and in the calculator we said March 1 (only one day difference). We found out as we found the flight itinerary after we had already sent in the application package.

We have our test/interview next week. Not sure if we should just ignore it or tell the interviewer upfront that she made a mistake on the physical presence calculator?

Any advice?

You should let the interviewer know after the test saying it was a mistake. Otherwise, they might say you misrepresent it.

Reactions: jc94 and nnkk20

nnkk20

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
have you had a buffer of days in your eligibility period? If yes, one day makes no difference. I assure you, and I read examples in the forum, that the mistake like this is very common. I wouldn't bring it up myself, if the topic arises - tell them what happened, though. Since you have the test invite, all has cleared. Enjoy your Canadian-ship :)
Thank you! I have a lot of buffer days. I will follow your advice. All the best!

ashlobo

Mar 20, 2016
I made a mistake with one of my dates that I was not aware of. After my test, the interviewing officer had the CBSA details with her and pointed it out. Now my mistake could have meant I was 22days out of the country rather than just the day trip and unfortunately my passport stamps couldn’t conclusively verify mine or the officers dates.
I had to undergo additional finger printing, send my passport pages and additional documention. This delayed my application a couple months but I’ve recently received the invite to the oath ceremony

Be upfront, tell them you made the mistake. If you have tickets, credit card statements or anything to show the correct date, have it on hand. If you have enough buffer days, then the officer will waive you through (in my case, it got too close to the minimum for the officers liking)

In any case, go there prepared

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
Go with the true always, I had few one day trip no reported because i didn't keep record.. I send a letter explaining with application. At the interview the officer has a list with yellow highlight , thank i printed out the US report .. the officer understand and said even this reports sometimes are not accurate, sometimes the officer didn't scan etc etc.. mostly of my trips were by car.. I am sure by fly the record is more clear. Good luck be honest and everybody can make mistakes

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
That’s right. A mistake is not misrepresentation . But if you know that it was a mistake and do not mention it, then it becomes misrepresentation .
Forgetting to do so during the interview would result in the officer saying that he found a little error and that's basically it, granted there's no red flag regarding the physical presence requirements, and OP said there are plenty of buffer days...
Misrepresenting an application puts the entire citizenship status, even years down the road, in jeopardy. That's not the case for OP.

That being said, I'd disclose it too at some point at the interview.

want2know

Apr 9, 2009

Any advice?
It happened to me too, and as soon as we started the interview I brought that up. She did have that question for me she said. But I am glad I mentioned it first. She said it was okay and she continued with the interview.

Reactions: nnkk20

nagrish

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had the same issue. 3 of my trips I mixed up the years (don't know how as I triple checked everything) and I only noticed the night before the test. I printed out a copy of my trips and also filled out and printed a new amended copy. I highlighted the 3 trips on both old/new pages. The first thing the officer said was...I have a few discrepancies here with your dates but you have enough days so I won't worry about it. I will check them with your passport and you will be ok. I told her about the amended page and that I had proof of my flights with me if she wanted to see them. She said no need but she would like to keep the amended travel page if I didn't need it. DM the very next day. Try not to worry. Mistakes happen.

Reactions: nnkk20

Carola1

Apr 29, 2018
I also made a couple of mistakes on dates returning to Canada (by 1 day each), the interviewer pointed it out and asked me to initial the mistake. No problem - decision made next day and oath taken 3 months later.

Reactions: k300k3